A couple of nights ago I made Baked Parmesan Chicken for dinner. I didn’t use a recipe, but just made it up as I went along. Sometimes experimenting is the way I find a recipe to keep. This is one of those… so EASY, but really GOOD. The chicken took only 5 minutes to prep, then it baked in the oven while I didn’t even give it another thought (how rude of me…). How easy is that? Talk about an easy dinner… whoa!! It tasted GREAT! It was one of those nights where we seriously considered “just having a bowl of cereal for dinner”. I had thawed some chicken breasts, but both my husband and I were so exhausted at dinner time after a long work day, we just wanted something “simple”. I ended up deciding to just throw the chicken breasts in the oven and let them bake… figured we needed the protein more than we needed a bowl of cereal… haha!
Anyways, the chicken turned out wonderful! I based the “recipe” (if you can call it that!) on an old recipe I have that uses mayonnaise as one of the ingredients in a wonderful dinner bread. Sounds weird, huh? But wait – it’s amazing! (Here’s the original recipe: Italian Biscuit Flat Bread) So for this dish I went with what I thought would taste good on chicken, and poof… dinner was served, and we really liked it! Hope you will give it a try!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper (to season chicken)
- Italian seasoning (to season chicken)
- Garlic powder (to season chicken)
- Thyme (dried - to season chicken)
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika (for garnish)
- Dried Parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and dried thyme. (Don't need to measure, just season the meat with a good sprinkling of each of the spices.)
- Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise over the entire top surface of each chicken breast, to cover.
- Sprinkle the top of each chicken breast with the Parmesan cheese shreds (to cover the mayonnaise). Press down the cheese if necessary, to adhere it to the mayo.
- Place chicken breasts into a baking pan.
- Bake chicken, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle top of each chicken breast with paprika and dried parsley.
- Serve, and enjoy!