Pan-seared shrimp and fettucine pasta are paired with a creamy garlic Parmesan sauce in this easy to prepare, absolutely DELICIOUS Italian-inspired dinner. It’s creamy, absolutely delicious… and ready in 30 minutes!
I found the recipe for the pasta sauce on Pinterest, and it was fairly similar to the sauce I usually make, so I decided to mak it. I added pan-seared shrimp, for a bit of protein and all around flavor! Once you’ve quickly pan-cooked the shrimp, the rest of the dish is cooked in one pan on the stove top. And guess what? It’s scrumptious! Here’s how easy it is to make this dish:
Shrimp are peeled and de-veined, seasoned lightly with salt and pepper, then pan seared on both sides in a bit of olive oil in a large skillet (on medium heat) until done (3-5 minutes). Set the shrimp aside and cover.
Olive oil is heated on medium-high in a large skillet. The minced garlic is added to the hot oil, and cooked for about a minute, stirring often to prevent burning. Butter, chicken broth and milk is then added and whisked together while the butter melts.
Uncooked fettucine is then added to the sauce (I used my fresh homemade pasta, made from scratch). Salt and pepper are added; season to taste. Stir in the noodles and simmer (on medium-low heat) until the pasta has completely cooked through (this will take about 15-18 minutes for commercially prepared pasta). Stir mixture occasionally while it cooks!
Once pasta is cooked through, add the fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Stir well, to combine. If you find the sauce has thickened too much, simply add a touch more milk until it’s the thickness you desire.
Add the cooked shrimp to the skillet, and cook only until shrimp are heated through.
Sprinkle fresh or dried parsley on top of dish before serving, and serve immediately, while hot!
The sauce is very creamy, with a wonderful garlic and Parmesan flavor, and the pan-seared shrimp adds delicious flavor AND protein to this dish! We really enjoyed it; I hope you will give this dish a try!
Pasta recipe adapted from: http://damndelicious.net/2014/10/11/one-pot-garlic-parmesan-pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp , peeled, de-veined (lightly seasoned with salt/pepper)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk (or more, if needed to thin out sauce later)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt/Pepper , to taste
- 8 ounces uncooked fettucine pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh or dried parsley flakes (approx. 1 T. for garnish, if desired)
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in large skillet on medium heat. When oil is hot, add shrimp. Cook on both sides until done (approx 4-5 minutes total time). Transfer shrimp from skillet when done. Cover/keep warm.
- To make pasta sauce, heat olive oil on medium-high in a large skillet. Add minced garlic to hot oil; cook for about a minute, stirring often to prevent burning. Add butter, chicken broth and milk; whisk together while butter melts. Season sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the UNCOOKED noodles and simmer (on medium-low heat) until the pasta has completely cooked through (this will take about 15-18 minutes for commercially prepared pasta). Stir mixture occasionally while it cooks!
- Once pasta is cooked through, add fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Stir well, to combine. If you find the sauce has thickened too much, simply add a touch more milk until it's the thickness you desire. Add the cooked shrimp to the skillet, stir to combine, and cook only until shrimp are heated through. Garnish hot pasta with a sprinkle of fresh or dried parsley before serving, and serve hot!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!