Fiesta Rice.This might be one of the easiest side dishes ever created. Really. Almost too easy to call it a “recipe”, but yet it is! Guess what? It is DELICIOUS!
I discovered the recipe on Pinterest and found it to be a perfect accompaniment for Taco Nights! The flavors are a refreshingly nice change from the old standby Mexican Rice that I have made and served over the years. This rice is so good, I suppose you COULD just eat it right out of the bowl before it gets to the table…not that I would ever do such a despicable thing (*cough, cough). The good news is that there are only 152.8 calories per serving…(4 Points Plus, if you’re a Weight Watchers points counter).
This is a great side dish…especially easy if you already have leftover cooked rice you want to use. This would be delicious paired with chicken, pork, shrimp, or even rounding out a burrito bowl with some barbacoa shredded beef, etc.! Hope you enjoy it!
Recipe Source: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/fiesta-lime-rice.html
- 1½ cups cooked, long-grain rice
- 1 can black beans-rinsed and heated
- 1 cup corn (canned or frozen), heated
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large scallion, finely diced
- 2-4 Tablespoons chopped cilantro (I used 4)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (I added an extra Tablespoon)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the rice.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the hot rice with the remaining ingredients (salt to taste).
- Toss and Serve.
- The End. Wasn't that EASY? Enjoy!