It’s a rainy morning here in Oregon. I’m sitting here in my home office writing this recipe for the Parmesan Honey Pork Roast I cooked in my crock pot recently… and I’m getting hungry!
We loved this new pork roast recipe I found on Pinterest, from Six Sisters Stuff. What cracks me up about the picture I took of our meal is that, while I normally add color to our dinner plates, via a green salad or colorful vegetables…the night I made this, my husband asked for baked beans to go with the pot roast and the mashed potatoes, so everything I served us that night was BROWN. I should have re-named this meal “The Entirely Brown Meal”. Oh well… even though the color scheme on our plates was beyond boring, at least it tasted fantastic!
The pork roast only took 10 minutes to get ready, then cooked all day in my crock pot… by dinner the house smelled wonderful and all I had to do was slice it up, make a quick gravy with the juices, and serve it… how hard is that?
The sauce is wonderful… made with Parmesan cheese, honey, basil, garlic, soy sauce, etc. The meat is packed with flavor and is amazingly tender! The juice remaining in the crock pot is then made into a wonderfully delicious gravy to spoon over the pork (and the mashed potatoes on the side…totally recommend!) Sure think you’re gonna love this easy meal as much as we did… hope you will give it a try! But for heaven’s sake… get some color on that plate!!! Here area few pics”
Pork roast, ready in the crock pot… all it needs now is the spice mixture…
Spices, etc. ready to mix up…
Spices are all mixed together and ready to put onto the pork roast before cooking…
Pork roast is coated with spice mix and ready to cook in crock pot…
Almost completely cooked… looking good… and smelling wonderful!
All done! Ready to slice…yum!
Hope you will consider making this delicious roast! It definitely tastes very good!
Original Recipe Source: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/12/slow-cooker-parmesan-honey-pork-roast.html
- 1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Lightly spray a crock pot with a non-stick cooking spray. Place the pork roast in the crock pot.
- In a small bowl, place the Parmesan cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, olive oil and salt. Mix these ingredients well until fully combined. Pour this mixture over the surface of the pork roast to cover.
- Place the lid on the crock pot. Cook the pork roast for 6-7 hours on LOW (or until meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees).
- Once the meat is done cooking, CAREFULLY remove the pork roast from crock pot and place it onto a serving dish. Place aluminum foil over top of the roast to keep it warm while you make the gravy.
- Skim the fat off the top of the cooking juice left in crock pot. Place the juices into a medium sized saucepan. Cook the juices on medium heat until they come to a boil. In a separate small bowl, mix the cornstarch into the cold water. Mix well to remove any lumps, until mixture is smooth. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the boiling juices. Make sure the gravy comes to a boil again, then cook and stir it for approximately 2 minutes (or until it thickens up!).
- Remove foil from pork roast, then cut into slices. Place slices onto individual plates and spoon some of the gravy over the meat. (I also served mashed potatoes with the gravy on top...they were a delicious side dish with the pork, and especially with the flavorful gravy!)