If you are looking for a simple vegetable side dish to serve with beef, poultry or pork, may I suggest this simple yet delicious Potato Hash With Rosemary?
I found the recipe for this side dish in a Southern Living cookbook I bought while on vacation in Washington state earlier this summer. The recipe couldn’t be simpler… baking potato, sweet potato, onion, garlic, fresh rosemary, and light seasonings are cooked together until tender… then served. The potato hash was a wonderful side dish for a chicken dinner I fixed recently, so I wanted to share this easy recipe with YOU, in the hope that you will want to try it, too!
Here’s how to make it: First, prep the ingredients (truly this is easy, and it’s the “hardest” part of the whole recipe). Peel and cube potatoes, mince garlic, chop onion and fresh rosemary.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat. Add rest of ingredients except for garnish (potato, sweet potato, onion, garlic, Tablespoon of fresh rosemary, salt and pepper). Stir together. Cover skillet and cook (on medium-low) for 20-25 minutes, stirring and turning occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
When done, transfer potato hash to serving dish and garnish with fresh sprigs of rosemary.
Serve hot, and enjoy this simple veggie side dish!
I think it looks pretty good… and guess what? It TASTES good, also! Win-Win!
I enjoy finding and trying new recipes for side dishes, and glad I found this one. Hope you have the opportunity to try making these, as well, and trust you enjoy them. Hope you have a fantastic day, friends. I am grateful today for another GORGEOUS warm summer day here in Oregon.
Recipe Source: The cookbook “Southern Living – 1998 Annual Recipes”, Published 1998, Oxmoor House, Inc., Book Division of Southern Progress Corporation, page 16.
- 1 large baking potato , peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- **Garnish (optional): fresh sprigs of rosemary
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat. Add rest of ingredients except for garnish (potato, sweet potato, onion, garlic, Tablespoon of fresh rosemary, salt and pepper). Stir together.
- Cover skillet and cook (on medium-low) for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- When done, transfer potato hash to serving dish and garnish with fresh sprigs of rosemary.
- Serve hot, and enjoy this simple side dish!
Here’s one more to pin to your Pinterest boards!