This EASY dinner of pan-seared chicken cutlets, topped with a delicious butter pecan sauce, can be prepared and on the table in 20 minutes!
I received a gift card to use at a favorite bookstore. Since I collect cookbooks, one book I got was a Southern Living cookbook, for time saving meals. Chicken Cutlets With Pecan Sauce is the first recipe I tried, and wow… it WAS quick, inexpensive, and absolutely delicious!
This dish only took about 20 minutes, from start to finish, and my husband and I loved it! The original recipe calls for chicken cutlets, but I typically don’t buy cutlets. I ended up using 2 large chicken breasts and sliced them horizontally for this recipe, for a total of 4 servings.
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At the Bottom Of The Page
How to Make Chicken Cutlets with Pecan Sauce
Melt butter in a large skillet, and then add and chopped pecans. Cook the pecans for 2-3 minutes. When the pecans are lightly toasted, remove them from the skillet.
Season each of the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper, then dredge the pieces in flour to coat all sides.
Cook the chicken breasts in hot olive oil in same skillet you used to toast the pecans. Pan-sear the chicken cutlets on medium heat, for about 4 minutes per side.
They should be light golden brown when done and fully cooked through. Once done, put the chicken cutlets onto a serving plate or platter, and top with the toasted pecans. Keep the chicken warm while you make the sauce, which takes about 5 minutes.
Make The Sauce For The Chicken Cutlets
Using the same skillet (do not clean it out), add the chicken broth. Cook the broth for a couple minutes, stirring to get the little browned bits of goodness off the bottom of skillet. Add the brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and thyme to the broth.
Cook for 3-4 minutes, until sauce has reduced a bit, and sauce has slightly thickened. Add 2 Tablespoons of butter to the pan sauce. Whisk to combine until butter has melted and is incorporated fully into the sauce. Remove the skillet from the heat, and now the sauce is ready for the chicken cutlets and toasted pecans.
To Serve Chicken Cutlets With Pecan Sauce
Spoon the sauce from the skillet over the chicken cutlets and toasted pecans. Serve the chicken cutlets with pecan sauce while hot! Each chicken cutlet is topped with the toasted pecans, the lovely sauce, and is garnished with a sprig of fresh thyme! Don’t they look nice? Who’s ready to eat?
To round out the meal, I serve the chicken cutlets with oven-roasted veggies on the side. It is absolutely delicious, and the butter toasted pecans with the sauce on the chicken taste so good!
We truly enjoyed these chicken cutlets with pecan sauce. I will definitely make this recipe again, and hope you will give it a try. It is such a quick, delicious meal to prepare… and the leftovers are good, too! Have a fantastic day! May you find someone to encourage and bless as you go through your day!
Looking For More CHICKEN Recipes?
You can find ALL of my chicken recipes in the Recipe Index at the top of the page. There are a LOT of them! Some of our favorites include:
- Alice Springs Chicken (Outback Steakhouse copycat)
- Chicken Thigh Osso Bucco
- P.F. Chang’s Ginger Chicken with Broccoli
- Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Crispy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: The cookbook “Southern Living Quick Start Homemade”, Published by Time Home Entertainment, 2013, page 162.
- 4 Tablespoons butter , divided (1/2 cube)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 chicken cutlets (I sliced two large breasts horizontally in half to make 4 cutlets)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (if using fresh thyme, use 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- Melt 2 Tablespoon butter in a large skillet (nonstick works the best). Add chopped pecans and cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes until pecans are lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Remove pecans from skillet.
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Place flour on a dinner plate, and dredge the chicken cutlets in the flour, making sure both sides are covered with flour.
- Cook the chicken in hot olive oil in the skillet. Cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes per side until done. When chicken is fully cooked through, and light golden brown, remove them to a serving platter. Top the chicken with the toasted pecans. Keep chicken warm while making the sauce.
- Using same skillet, add chicken broth. Cook for 2 minutes, scraping up the browned bits of goodness from the bottom of skillet. Add the brown sugar, vinegar and thyme. Stir to combine and cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce has reduced a bit and slightly thickened. Add remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter and whisk to combine until butter is melted and is fully combined.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken and pecans, and serve!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.