You’ll love PF Chang’s Ginger Chicken with Broccoli (a copycat recipe), with chicken breasts, broccoli, and an amazing Asian inspired stir fry sauce!
Oh my goodness…this copycat recipe for PF Chang’s Ginger Chicken With Broccoli was so good! The Asian inspired ginger sauce tastes amazing with the broccoli and chicken breasts!
I found this recipe in one of my cookbooks called “More Of America’s Most Wanted Recipes” and decided to fix it for my husband and I last night for dinner. WOW! We both loved it! It’s a “copycat” recipe of a beloved PF Chang’s China Bistro entree.
The meal is described as “Chicken Served Cantonese-Style On A Bed Of Steamed Fresh Broccoli”. It sure sounded good to me, so into the ol’ kitchen I went yesterday afternoon to give it a test run. YES! -this is an amazingly delicious entree! The flavors are phenomenal and the directions are very easy to follow. This will be a recipe we enjoy…often! Hope you like it, too! Here’s some picture to show how to make this great dish:
Scroll Down for A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
How To Make PF Chang’s Ginger Chicken With Broccoli
Slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts into thin strips before being marinated.
Mix up the very simple “marinade” for the chicken. The chicken will need to marinate in the refrigerator for for 3 hours. Plan ahead!
Make The Delicious Asian Sauce
Make the simple Asian stir fry sauce for PF Chang’s ginger chicken, by blending ingredients together in a bowl. It’s so quick and easy! When done combining the ingredients, set the sauce aside until later.
Drain the chicken breast slices after marinating.
Cooking The Chicken And the Broccoli
The chicken pieces are cooked in chicken broth mixture until they are 2/3 of the way done. Remove the chicken from the broth and drain on paper towels. Save the broth in the skillet.
Cook the broccoli florets in the reserved chicken broth.
Preparing the Sauce
Cook minced garlic, green onions, and ginger in oil in a large skillet. Boy does it smell good while they are cooking! Add the Asian stir fry sauce to the skillet.
Place the marinated chicken pieces back into the skillet with the green onions and stir fry sauce. Cook the chicken for several minutes until it is fully cooked through.
Mix up the cornstarch mixture that will help to thicken the stir fry sauce for PF Chang’s ginger chicken and broccoli. Once fully mixed, add it into the skillet with the chicken and sauce. Stir until all the cornstarch slurry is fully blended with the stir fry sauce. The sauce will thicken as it cooks.
To Serve PF Chang’s Ginger Chicken with Broccoli
Once the sauce has thickened and is heated through, PF Chang’s Ginger Chicken and the sauce are ready to be served. Arrange the cooked broccoli in a ring around the outside of a serving dish. The steaming hot ginger chicken and sauce is then piled into the middle. Serve this delicious dish up, and enjoy!
Here is my version of PF Chang’s Ginger Chicken with Broccoli, served steaming hot, on top of a bed of white rice. It is DELICIOUS!
Hope you will give this recipe for PF Chang’s Ginger Chicken with Broccoli a try! It tastes fantastic! Have a great day, and please come back again soon.
Looking For More Asian Inspired Chicken Recipes?
You can find many more chicken recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few Asian inspired chicken recipes are there, including these favorites:
- Easy Cashew Chicken
- Asian Lemon Chicken Strips
- Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Sweet Fire Chicken (Panda Express Copycat)
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Recipe Adapted from the book: “More of America’s Most Wanted Recipes”, by Ron Douglas, page 215 (published 2010)
You'll love PF Chang's Ginger Chicken with Broccoli (a copycat recipe), with chicken breasts, broccoli, and an amazing Asian inspired stir fry sauce!
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large boneless , skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. fresh broccoli florets
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced , peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons minced green onion (green and white parts)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (found in Asian section of most grocery stores)
- Steamed rice , for serving
- At least 3 hours ahead of serving time: Marinate the chicken: Combine the eggs, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil in a bowl. Add the chicken slices; mix well to coat. Cover the dish and refrigerate the chicken for at least 3 hours. When ready to use, drain the chicken well (I used a sieve-dump the chicken in it over a bowl to drain...don't rinse...just drain as much of the slimy egg mixture as you can off of the chicken).
- Combine the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce, cover and set aside until ready to use. Sauce can be made ahead.
- Place the 3 cups of chicken broth in a large skillet (or wok); bring to a rolling boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer. Add the well-drained pieces of marinated chicken to the broth; cook until chicken is almost done (about 3/4 of the way done - just a couple minutes). Before the chicken is cooked all the way through, remove the pieces from the pan using a slotted spoon, and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Keep the chicken warm.
- After removing the chicken, but while the broth is still simmering, add the broccoli florets. Cook these until crisp-tender (just a few minutes!). Once done, remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon and arrange it on a serving platter in a ring. Keep the broccoli warm. Once you have removed the broccoli from the pan, discard the broth. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and put it back on the stove top.
- Heat the skillet again and add 3 TBSP vegetable oil. Once oil is hot, add the ginger, green onion, and garlic... saute for just a few seconds. Add in the stir-fry sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken slices back into the sauce; cook all the way through, approximately 3-4 minutes. In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup cornstarch with 1/2 cup water until smooth. Add this mixture to the chicken and sauce in the skillet. Stir in the sesame oil. Simmer for a minute or two while the sauce thickens.
- Arrange the broccoli into a ring shape around the perimeter of serving platter. Once the sauce has thickened and is hot, pour the stir-fry into the center of the broccoli ring. Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Please take note that the long prep time is inactive prep time. The length of prep time includes 3 hours of marinade time for the chicken.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!