If you enjoy decadent desserts, you will love this very easy to prepare recipe for Chocolate Mousse!
Chocolate mousse can be eaten just as it is, or it can be used as a wonderful creamy treat to fill a cream puff, or sandwich between layers of puff pastry, with fresh fruit (raspberries or chocolate go especially well with this chocolate mousse). The possibilities are endless! For a creamy light chocolate dessert, it sure can be flexible!
From start to finish, this dessert will only take about 10 minutes to prepare, then after it is chilled in the refrigerator, you have a wonderful dessert! Hope you enjoy it!
Recipe Adapted From: https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-details.aspx?id=5146
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey's cocoa powder
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) COLD whipping cream (I use heavy whipping cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the cold water in a small cup or bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the top of the water. Let the mixture stand for 1 minute (this softens the gelatin).
- Add the boiling water to the gelatin mixture; stir until the gelatin has completely dissolved in the hot water. Set aside and let mixture cool slightly.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the granulated sugar and the cocoa powder together to combine.
- Add the whipping cream and the vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until the mixture is stiff (you may need to scrape the bottom of the bowl occasionally).
- Add the gelatin mixture to the cream mixture. Beat until it is well blended.
- Place mousse into individual serving cups, cover and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Serve and enjoy!