Enjoy a delicious Orange Cheese Danish Pastry, a buttery, orange-glazed treat filled with orange-flavored cream cheese and ricotta. Recipe makes 2 pastries!
SERIOUSLY- Some mornings you just don’t want a nutritious, healthy breakfast. Period. I know that’s how it is for me some days…I want to eat a healthy breakfast, but… you know how it is. That’s how this recipe for Orange Cheese Danish Pastry came about.
You know how it is at times when you wake up and all you want is a humongous cup of steaming hot coffee and something sweet and “not so good for you”?
It was that way for me one morning, so I went on a search for something tasty that would rock my world (in a “breakfast-y” kind of way), and found this recipe.
How This Orange Cheese Danish Pastry Is Made
I don’t have a lot of photos (sorry-my bad), but the process for making this delicious pastry is fairly simple. An orange-flavored cream cheese and ricotta cheese filling is mixed with other ingredients.
This creamy mixture is then spread down the middle of puff pastry sheets. The pastry dough is sliced and “decoratively draped over the filling.
The pastries (the recipe make TWO) are then baked until golden brown, and then glazed with an orange-flavored icing. Sliced almonds are also sprinkled over the top! Once the glaze firms up, this incredible tasting breakfast treat is ready to slice and EAT!
Have a great day!
This breakfast pastry is fairly easy to make, and is really tasty! Why not give it a try…I think you will be surprised at how delicious it is! Hope you enjoy this Orange Cheese Danish Pastry! Have a great day.
Looking For More PASTRY Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few favorite pastry recipes include:
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe adapted from: https://sites.google.com/site/thecomfortofcookingrecipes/orange-cheese-danish-pastry
Enjoy a delicious Orange Cheese Danish Pastry, a buttery, orange-glazed treat filled with orange-flavored cream cheese and ricotta. Recipe makes 2!
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry , thawed (1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (powdered)
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 2 Tablespoon sliced almonds (or you can use walnuts or pecans)(optional)
- Combine cheeses, sugar, egg, butter, flour, orange rind and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with a whisk, or an electric mixer on medium speed, until well blended.
- Carefully unfold the pastry sheet into a rectangle; place it on a baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife make 2-inch deep cuts at 1-inch intervals on the long sides of the pastry. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture down the center 3 inches of the pastry.
- Crisscross strips over the filling, alternating sides and bringing the strips all the way across the filling.
- Repeat process for the second pastry.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven approximately 25 minutes or until the bottom of the pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- While pastry is cooling down, sift confectioners sugar into the orange juice in a bowl. Mix until the icing is smooth.
- Drizzle the mixture over the pastries, then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!