Sticky N’ Sweet Polska Kielbasa is a completely simple, and easy to make family-friendly dinner for busy nights that uses only 2 ingredients. That’s right… only 2 ingredients!
Yep…2 ingredients, folks! How easy is that????
Almost 30 years ago my husband and I rented a room in our home to a college age friend of ours. One night he offered to cook us dinner and this beef kielbasa is what he cooked for us. When I heard what he was going to cook it in, I couldn’t believe my ears…it sounded completely crazy to me…but it was absolutely delicious! Want to know what the secret ingredient is? COKE or PEPSI. Yep. The sugars in the cola transform into a sticky sweet glaze that coats the kielbasa slices. So good. Been making it ever since… true story.
This recipe only has two ingredients. Kielbasa (beef or pork) and Coke (or Pepsi). The only really important thing to remember is to never use a diet soda for this recipe because you have to use real, sweetened soda so the sugars in the soda will caramelize and coat the meat slices. Can you believe it? This might possibly be the world’s simplest dinner. The caramelized sweet n’ sticky coating on the kielbasa is truly wonderful! And talk about easy? Unbelievable, but true.
Just slice the kielbasa sausage, lightly sauté it, then add 3/4 can of regular cola, and cook till it is done and the sweet cola has thickened and coated the meat – that’s it! Check it out:
First you slice up the kielbasa…
Kielbasa sliced, ready to go into skillet! See how very easy this is?
Cook the kielbasa on medium high heat until it starts to turn brown, stirring often.
Once kielbasa starts to turn brown, pour in 3/4 can of regular cola (NOT DIET!).
Continue to cook the kielbasa and cola on medium heat, stirring often, until sauce has reduced, thickened, and coated meat with a syrupy glaze. There should be no liquid left in skillet. This will take about 20 minutes.
Now it’s ready to serve! See how shiny that kielbasa looks? It’s that sweet n’ sticky glaze. YUM. Serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie, and you’ve got yourself a scrumptious, but EASY, family-friendly dinner!
Hope you’ll try this dish. Everyone I’ve made it for always loves it! It REALLY tastes good, and is very convenient to fix when you don’t want to mess with a long, complicated recipe after a long day!
- 1 pound package polska kielbasa (I use beef, but can substitute pork)
- ¾ of a 12 ounce can of cola (regular, sweetened cola, NOT diet!)
- Slice the entire kielbasa into ½ inch wide slices. Place them in a skillet and sauté on medium high heat for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the kielbasa begin to lightly brown.
- Pour the cola into the skillet. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has reduced, thickened, and coated the meat. All the liquid should be gone from the skillet.
- Remove kielbasa from skillet and serve hot, alongside a serving of mashed potatoes and a veggie. Enjoy!
Original Recipe Source: Kevin (Kip) Ecton
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!