Brown Butter Green Beans is a festive vegetable side dish featuring fresh green beans cooked in browned butter, with toasted almonds and red bell peppers!
If you need a delicious side dish, may I suggest this recipe for Brown Butter Green Beans with Toasted Almonds & Red Peppers? The recipe is easy, delicious, and perfect for any occasion.
I made these brown butter green beans as one of the side dishes for our Thanksgiving meal, but they would be great as a side dish any time of year! The flavor imparted by the browned butter sets these apart… they truly are delicious!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
How To Make Brown Butter Green Beans
Toast some sliced almonds in a dry skillet for about minutes, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to burn the almonds. Remove almonds from skillet; set on a paper towel to cool.
Cook the fresh green beans in a large pot of salted water (medium-high) for about 5 minutes.
Add HALF of the chopped red peppers to the green beans. Cook for 1 more minute. Remove the pan from the heat, and drain the veggies. Set aside.
Brown The Butter
In a clean skillet, place 2 large Tablespoons butter. Cook the butter on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir the butter frequently as it cooks, until the butter has browned. Do not burn the butter.
Add the cooked green beans, red peppers and HALF of the toasted almonds to the brown butter in the skillet. Season the beans with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir well, to coat everything with the butter. Continue to cook the beans for 1-2 minutes, until fully heated through.
Time To Serve The Brown Butter Green Beans!
Pour the green beans (with the almonds and red peppers) into a serving bowl. Garnish the beans with the reserved half of the toasted almonds and red peppers (fresh, not cooked).
Serve, and enjoy this delicious veggie side dish! Have a wonderful day. Be kind to one another!
Looking For More VEGGIE Recipes?
You can find ALL of my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. I have LOTS of veggie recipes, including:
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Adapted From: http://www.acedarspoon.com/green-beans-with-brown-butter-and-toasted-almonds/
- 1 pound fresh green beans (with ends trimmed)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
- 3 Tablespoons chopped red pepper (divided)
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- Toast sliced almonds in a dry skillet (medium-high heat) for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove almonds from skillet; set on a paper towel to cool.
- Bring pan of salted water to a full boil. Cook the green beans (medium-high) for 5-6 minutes.
- Add HALF of the chopped red peppers to the beans, and cook for 1 additional minute. Remove from heat, and drain. Set aside.
- In a clean large skillet, place 2 large Tablespoons butter. Cook on medium-high heat 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until the butter has browned and gives off a nutty aroma. Do not burn butter.
- Turn heat to low. Add cooked green beans, red peppers and HALF of the toasted almonds to the brown butter. Stir well, to coat everything with brown butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, until fully heated through.
- Pour into serving bowl. Garnish dish with reserved half of toasted almonds and red peppers (fresh, not cooked). Serve, and enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!