Creamy Green Chile Chicken Crockpot Enchilada Soup is an amazingly delicious Southwest inspired meal, conveniently made in a slow cooker!
I recently tried a new soup recipe… Green Chile Chicken Crockpot Enchilada Soup… and it was FANTASTIC! The best part was that the soup cooks in a crockpot, for super easy preparation! Throw ingredients into crockpot in the morning… enjoy this yummy soup at night!
The flavors in this chicken crockpot enchilada soup are amazing. If you enjoy Southwestern flavors, and want to make a big batch of delicious soup, then you might need to check this one out. I found the recipe on Pinterest recently and decided to try it out.
This soup DID NOT disappoint! It was as easy as adding ingredients to crockpot, shredding chicken and adding it back in to crockpot… and then serving it up with some flavorful garnishes to finish it off! Super duper EASY!
How To Make Green Chile Chicken Crockpot Enchilada Soup
Place the chicken, green enchilada sauce, white and black beans, green chiles, canned tomatoes, chicken broth, cilantro and spices into a crockpot.
Cook the chicken crockpot enchilada soup on LOW for 5-7 hours, OR on HIGH for 3-5 hours.
After the time you cooked it for is up, remove the chicken from the crockpot (and in my case, with a few straggler beans!). Place the chicken in a large bowl.
Shred the chicken with two forks. This part will be very easy, because the meat is so tender!
Cut an 8 ounce block of cream cheese into chunks and add to the soup. Turn the heat to HIGH and cook the soup for another 30 minutes.
The cream cheese should be melted or easily stirred into the chicken crockpot enchilada soup at the end of the 30 minutes.
The shredded chicken is then added back into the soup, and is heated another 10 minutes or so. Once the soup is completely heated through, it’s ready to be ladled into serving bowls, garnished and served.
To Serve Chicken Crockpot Enchilada Soup
For BEST flavor, garnish each bowl with some chopped cilantro, a dollop of sour cream and a couple of lime wedges. The lime wedges will add even more flavor when squeezed over the chicken crockpot enchilada soup, before eating!
There you have it! This soup recipe is perfect to make on a busy day! Make the soup (i.e. dump ingredients into crockpot) in the morning, and let it cook all day. Before serving, all you do is shred the chicken, add cream cheese & heat! It really is a super easy recipe… and it tastes FANTASTIC! Even the leftovers were perfect the next day!
Sure hope you will consider making this delicious, tasty green chile chicken crockpot enchilada soup! We absolutely LOVED it! Have a great day.
Looking For More SOUP Recipes?
You can find all of my soup recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few of these recipes include:
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/crockpot-green-chicken-chile-enchilada-soup-video/
- 10 ounces green enchilada sauce green enchilada sauce
- 15.8 ounces canned cannelini beans (1 can), drained and rinsed
- 30 ounces canned black beans , (2 cans),drained and rinsed
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs (I used a combo 2 breasts/3 small thighs)
- 8 ounces diced fire-roasted green chiles + liquid (2 cans) (including liquid)
- 10.5 ounces diced tomatoes + liquid (1 can) (including liquid)
- 4 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 cups chicken broth (or stock)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Sour cream, lime wedges, cilantro , optional
- Into a large crock pot add green enchilada sauce, white and black beans, raw chicken, green chiles, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Put lid on crockpot. Cook on LOW for 5-7 hours OR cook on HIGH for 3-5 hours.
- When cooking time is finished, remove chicken pieces to a large bowl. Shred chicken using two forks. Set aside.
- Cut cream cheese into small chunks and add chunks into crockpot. Stir well. Put cover on crockpot. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes. When time is up, stir or whisk the cream cheese. It should melt or easily blend into the soup at this point.
- Stir in the shredded chicken, and heat soup for another 10-15 minutes.
- Ladle hot soup into serving bowls. Garnish each bowl with additional chopped cilantro, a dollop of sour cream, and a couple lime wedges. Lime wedges should be squeezed over soup before eating!
NOTE: Caloric calculation is based on using chicken breasts, and does not include optional garnishes (sour cream, cilantro, etc.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!