Enjoy this yummy chicken fajita rice bowl, with seasoned chicken, bell peppers, onion, avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro and lime juice on a bed of brown rice.
I recently made a Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl… it was amazing, so I want to share the recipe with you! I’m sure you’ll love this Weight Watchers meal, too! My favorite type of food is Mexican, so you can imagine how excited I was to try this chicken fajita rice bowl (with a few minor tweaks of my own!). The best part? Knowing that a delicious, healthy meal can also be loaded with flavor, as this chicken fajita rice bowl is. It’s an entire meal in one bowl! We truly LOVED this dinner.
Seasoned chicken breast, grilled onions and bell peppers, avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice on a bed of brown rice really puts this chicken fajita rice bowl over the top! Yum! There is a LOT of flavor going on here! The recipe has a few steps, but can be easily shortened by using leftover chicken breast and store bought salsa (in place of the homemade pico de gallo).
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
How To Make A Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl
Lightly spray a skillet with non-stick spray. Sauté the bell pepper and onion on medium-high heat; cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
Prepare brown rice according to the package directions and set aside, once fully cooked. If you have leftover rice, go ahead and use it (another timesaver!).
Mix the Southwestern spices for the chicken in a small bowl. These spices include chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the spices evenly over the chicken slices, and toss to coat. Make sure the chicken is lightly seasoned with the spices on each side.
Cook The Seasoned Chicken
Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in skillet on medium heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken strips. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on medium heat, turning occasionally. Cook the chicken nicely browned on all sides, and is cooked through. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate, and set aside.
Make The Pico de Gallo
Prepare pico de gallo (if making homemade or NOT using salsa). I make a simple vesion easily by chopping tomatoes, brown onion, cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice. I season this mixture with salt and pepper, and it only takes a couple minutes to make.
TIMESAVER TIP: Looking to save a little time fixing this dish? Simply use store-bought chunky salsa or pico de gallo.
When you’re ready to put the chicken fajita rice bowl together, gather the ingredients. You should have grilled peppers and onions, pan-seared chicken, brown rice, pico de gallo (or chunky salsa), avocado, cilantro, diced green chiles, and lime!
Assemble Each Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl In This Order
- Divide brown rice between two bowls.
- Top each with half the bell pepper and onions, and 1/4 of the avocado chunks.
- Top each bowl with half the chicken and 1 teaspoon chopped green chiles.
- Garnish each bowl with pico de gallo (or salsa), a couple lime wedges, and a couple sprigs fresh cilantro.
Time To Eat!
That’s it! Serve the chicken fajita rice bowl immediately, and enjoy this amazing tasting dinner entree! Doesn’t it look delicious?!
This chicken fajita rice bowl tastes GREAT! Even better is knowing that this meal is a fairly low calorie one bowl meal, with chicken, rice and veggies! If you follow a Weight Watchers plan, this Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl (when prepared as written) has a Smart Point total of 7! You can’t beat that, especially when you see and taste how fantastic this dish really is!
Hope you enjoy your chicken fajita rice bowl, because we sure do. Have a GREAT day!
Looking For More ENTREE SALAD Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, which is located at the top of the page. I have some delicious main course salad recipes you might enjoy, including:
- Grilled Chili & Lime Chicken Fajita Salad
- Cobb Salad
- Southwest Steak Salad
- Grilled Ham Salad With Peaches and Goat Cheese
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Adapted From: https://cmx.weightwatchers.com/nui/explore/details2/WWRECIPE:58c0753485fb70cc179c5fb6
- 1 large boneless , skinless chicken breast, halved horizontally, then cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced brown onion
- 1/4 cup EACH uncooked red and green bell pepper , chopped
- 1/2 Hass avocado , diced
- 2 teaspoons diced green chiles
- 1/2 medium fresh lime , cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo OR fresh salsa
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Lightly spray a skillet with non-stick spray. Saute the bell pepper and onion on medium-high heat; cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Mix spices for chicken in a small bowl (chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper). Sprinkle evenly over chicken slices, and toss to coat. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in skillet on medium heat. When oil is very hot, add chicken. Cook chicken 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until done and nicely browned. Transfer chicken to a plate. Set aside.
- Prepare pico de gallo (if making homemade or NOT using salsa). I made some very easily by chopping tomatoes, brown onion, cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, and seasoned with salt and pepper. Looking to save a little time? Simply use store-bought chunky salsa.
- Assemble bowls like this: 1) Divide brown rice between two bowls. 2) Top each with half the bell pepper and onions, and 1/2 of the avocado chunks. 3) Top each bowl with half the chicken and 1 teaspoon chopped green chiles. 4) Garnish each bowl with pico de gallo (or salsa), a couple lime wedges, and a couple sprigs fresh cilantro.
If you follow a Weight Watchers plan, this Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl (when prepared as written) has a Smart Point total of 7!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!