Here’s a really easy and delicious recipe for Fresh Peach Salsa! Perfect to serve as an appetizer during the summer when peaches are at their very best!
I went peach picking a few days ago. In about 20 minutes, I picked 25 pounds of juicy fresh peaches at a local U-Pick farm. I got them home safely without bruising the fruit, then I was faced with a wonderful “problem… what to do with all those delicious peaches! What a great dilemma!
So… over the past few days I’ve made peach jam, dehydrated peach slices (so good!), flash frozen 10 pounds of peaches to pull from the freezer in the middle of winter (when it’s freezing cold outside) and remember summer’s bounty, given away peaches, eaten peaches with yogurt, etc.. And I still had peaches left! Yesterday I decided to make a quick peach salsa to have around for a snack to munch on with some tortilla chips. So that’s what I did! I ran out back to our garden and got a red onion, some cilantro and a jalapeno, came back inside and threw this salsa together. It’s delicious! It has a lovely sweet taste from those fresh, juicy peaches, but with just a touch of heat from the jalapeno…perfect for a hot, summer evening. Sure glad I used some of those fresh peaches to make this salsa!
I hope you will enjoy summer’s bounty of fresh peaches…and make this tasty salsa!
- 3 Large ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or torn into small pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Pinch of salt (to taste...very light!)
- Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors blend.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping, and enjoy!