Baked Parmesan Chicken – You’ll enjoy these easy to make, seasoned, baked chicken breasts with a creamy Parmesan cheese coating! Delicious, and 5 minute prep!
A couple of nights ago I made Baked Parmesan Chicken for dinner. I didn’t use a recipe, but just made it up as I went along. Sometimes experimenting is the way I find a recipe to keep. The chicken took only 5 minutes to prep, then it baked in the oven while I didn’t even give it another thought (how rude of me…). How easy is that? It was DELICIOUS.
Talk about an easy dinner… whoa!! It tasted GREAT! It was one of those nights where we seriously considered “just having a bowl of cereal for dinner”. Earlier that day I thawed chicken breasts, but both my husband and I were so exhausted at dinner time after a long work day, we wanted something “simple”. I ended up deciding to just throw the chicken breasts in the oven and let them bake… figured we needed the protein more than we needed a bowl of cereal… haha!
Anyways, the chicken turned out wonderful! I based the “recipe” (if you can call it that!) on an old recipe I have that uses mayonnaise as one of the ingredients in a wonderful dinner bread. Sounds weird, huh? But wait – it’s amazing! (Here’s the original recipe: Italian Biscuit Flat Bread).
So for this dish I went with what I thought would taste good on chicken, and poof… dinner was served, and we really liked it! Hope you will give it a try! Here’s how to make this dish:
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
How To Make Baked Parmesan Chicken
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are lightly seasoned with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and thyme.
Believe it or not, mayonnaise is spread over the entire top surface of the chicken. this helps the Parmesan to adhere to the chicken AND keeps the chicken moist (trust me… it works!)
Bake The Parmesan Chicken
Cover the top of the chicken with grated Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Throw it in the ol’ oven at this point! SEE HOW EASY THE PREP WAS?
Baked Parmesan chicken is cooked, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. This is how it looks when it comes out of the oven. The chicken breasts should be lightly browned on top.
And that’s it!!! One of the easiest recipes I know of! The best part? It tastes GOOD… AND you can make the other side dishes while the chicken is baking. EASY PEASY! We enjoy this dish, served with mashed potatoes and a small green salad on the side.
Hope you will give this recipe a try. It’s so easy and will save you LOTS of time fixing a yummy dinner your family will enjoy! Have a great day!
Looking For More CHICKEN Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, which is located at the top of the page. I have LOTS of chicken recipes you’re gonna enjoy, including:
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
↓↓ PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW ↓↓
- 4 chicken breasts , boneless, skinless
- 1 dash Salt and pepper (to season chicken)
- 1 dash Italian seasoning (to season chicken)
- 1 dash Garlic powder (to season chicken)
- 1 dash Thyme (dried - to season chicken)
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 dash Paprika (for garnish)
- 1 dash Dried Parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and dried thyme. (Don't need to measure, just season the meat with a good sprinkling of each of the spices.)
- Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise over the entire top surface of each chicken breast, to cover.
- Sprinkle the top of each chicken breast with the Parmesan cheese shreds (to cover the mayonnaise). Press down the cheese if necessary, to adhere it to the mayo.
- Place chicken breasts into a baking pan. Bake chicken, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle top of each chicken breast with paprika and dried parsley. Serve, and enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!