A couple of nights ago I made Baked Parmesan Chicken for dinner. I didn’t use a recipe, but just made it up as I went along. Sometimes experimenting is the way I find a recipe to keep. The chicken took only 5 minutes to prep, then it baked in the oven while I didn’t even give it another thought (how rude of me…). How easy is that? It was DELICIOUS.
Talk about an easy dinner… whoa!! It tasted GREAT! It was one of those nights where we seriously considered “just having a bowl of cereal for dinner”. I had thawed some chicken breasts, but both my husband and I were so exhausted at dinner time after a long work day, we just wanted something “simple”. I ended up deciding to just throw the chicken breasts in the oven and let them bake… figured we needed the protein more than we needed a bowl of cereal… haha!
Anyways, the chicken turned out wonderful! I based the “recipe” (if you can call it that!) on an old recipe I have that uses mayonnaise as one of the ingredients in a wonderful dinner bread. Sounds weird, huh? But wait – it’s amazing! (Here’s the original recipe: Italian Biscuit Flat Bread) So for this dish I went with what I thought would taste good on chicken, and poof… dinner was served, and we really liked it! Hope you will give it a try!
Here’s how to make this dish: Chicken breasts are lightly seasoned with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and thyme.
Believe it or not, mayonnaise is spread over the entire top surface of the chicken (trust me… it works!)
Cover the top of the chicken with grated Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Throw it in the ol’ oven at this point! SEE HOW EASY THE PREP WAS?
Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. This is how it looks when it comes out of the oven.
And that’s it!!! One of the easiest recipes I know of! The best part? It tastes GOOD… AND you can make the other side dishes while the chicken is baking. EASY PEASY!
Hope you will give this recipe a try. It’s so easy and will save you LOTS of time fixing a yummy dinner your family will enjoy! Have a great day!
- 4 chicken breasts , boneless, skinless
- 1 dash Salt and pepper (to season chicken)
- 1 dash Italian seasoning (to season chicken)
- 1 dash Garlic powder (to season chicken)
- 1 dash Thyme (dried - to season chicken)
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 dash Paprika (for garnish)
- 1 dash Dried Parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and dried thyme. (Don't need to measure, just season the meat with a good sprinkling of each of the spices.)
- Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise over the entire top surface of each chicken breast, to cover.
- Sprinkle the top of each chicken breast with the Parmesan cheese shreds (to cover the mayonnaise). Press down the cheese if necessary, to adhere it to the mayo.
- Place chicken breasts into a baking pan. Bake chicken, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle top of each chicken breast with paprika and dried parsley. Serve, and enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!