Make healthy chocolate oatmeal in the microwave! It’s delicious and will fill you up! This QUICK breakfast is a yummy “morning bowl of goodness”.I recently found a simple, quick recipe for Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal made in the microwave and thought I’d try it. After all, how bad could a healthy breakfast with oatmeal AND chocolate be for you, right? The recipe makes one serving, but can be easily doubled.
Why Is It Called HEALTHY Chocolate Oatmeal?
The reason this chocolate oatmeal can be considered “healthy” is that it is made with non-fat milk, unsweetened cocoa powder and artificial sweetener (no sugar!). And guess what? It is yummy!
This is a perfect for those of you, who like me, have a deep love of all things chocolate, and find it appealing, even in a bowl of healthy OATMEAL! Chocolate for the win!
The best part is that making healthy chocolate oatmeal is as simple as stirring up the ingredients and cooking it in the microwave until done. That’s it!! Here’s how to make this yummy breakfast treat:
How To Make Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal
Mix the oats, milk, cocoa powder and sweetener together in a microwave safe bowl. Continue to stir (it takes a minute or two to get the cocoa stirred in, but it WILL get there, so keep stirring- trust me!).
Microwave The Oatmeal
Place the bowl in microwave. Microwave on HIGH power for 2 minutes and 15 seconds. Stir oats every 45 seconds (total of 3 times), until the oatmeal has significantly thickened.
Remove the oatmeal from the microwave, being careful, because it is HOT. Let the oatmeal rest for just a minute before serving. If desired, top with a few sliced raw almonds.
Note: Here is where I transferred the cooked oatmeal to a pretty dish for photographing it, but that is not necessary!
Add an additional splash of milk (if oatmeal is a bit too thick for your liking). Stir, serve and enjoy!
It couldn’t be simpler to enjoy a hot, filling bowl of CHOCOLATE oatmeal for breakfast, without adding a lot of additional calories or sugar to your morning! Hope you will consider trying this easy recipe. Have a wonderful day, friends.
Looking For More Breakfasts Using OATS?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few recipes that use oats include:
- Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats with Pecans
- Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats
- Apple, Cranberries & Oats Skillet Breakfast
- Peach Crumble Smoothie
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://dineanddish.net/2016/07/healthier-chocolate-oatmeal-recipe/
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- 2/3 cup non-fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Truvia (or Stevia packet)
- A few sliced raw almonds
- A splash of milk (to thin out oatmeal, if desired)
- Mix the oats, milk, cocoa powder and sweetener together in a microwave safe bowl. Continue to stir (it takes a minute or two to get the cocoa stirred in, but it WILL get there-trust me!).
- Place the bowl in microwave. Microwave on HIGH power for 2 minutes and 15 seconds. Stir oats every 45 seconds (total of 3 times), until the oatmeal has significantly thickened.
- Remove oatmeal. Let stand for a minute or so before serving. If desired, top with a few sliced raw almonds, and additional splash of milk (if oatmeal is too thick). Stir, serve and enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!