It was a dark, cold, and stormy morning…and believe it or not… I wanted an ice cold fruit smoothie for breakfast! Not just any old smoothie… I wanted a Peach Crumble Smoothie!
I love making smoothies, especially during the hot summer months, but found a recipe from Samantha at Five Heart Home on Pinterest at the beginning of January that caught my attention. It had finely ground up oats in it, so I knew that it would not only taste good, but would be very filling. I think the fact that I also like Peach Cobblers, Peach Crisps, Peach Crumbles, etc. played a part in trying this smoothie, so that fact alone pushed all my “Now I’m Curious” buttons.
I happened to have a huge bag of sliced peaches left in my freezer from my picking adventure last summer at a U-Pick farm, so I grabbed the ingredients and made myself a smoothie for breakfast! Guess what? It was GOOD. It was THICK. It was FILLING! The recipe made 2 smoothies, so I froze half; I thawed it the next day for another smoothie for yours truly! It’s important to use frozen peaches, which eliminates the need for ice.
I sure hope you’ll give this recipe a try. It kind of tastes like you’re drinking a piece of peach cobbler, AND I’m pretty sure it will keep your tummy full until lunch time. Whoa!
Recipe Adapted From: http://www.fivehearthome.com/2015/01/01/healthy-oat-smoothies-recipe-blueberry-muffin-smoothie-peach-cobbler-smoothie/
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups frozen peach slices
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Additional milk , if needed, to thin out the smoothie
- Place the oats into a blender. Blend/grind the oats until they become a fine powder.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Blend until mixture becomes smooth. If necessary, add additional milk, to thin the smoothie out to your liking (it's pretty thick).
- Pour into 2 large glasses and serve. Enjoy!