Delicious, homemade blueberry pancakes are easy to make from scratch, using Greek yogurt. Bursting with flavor…a perfect treat for a family breakfast!
Yesterday morning I made homemade blueberry pancakes for my husband and I for breakfast. Um…yeah. They were FANTASTIC! Blueberry pancakes. From scratch. Real handpicked blueberries. And oh, my goodness…they were so good!
I picked 15 pounds of blueberries last summer and froze a bunch of them, so all I had to do was grab some out of our freezer and once again, enjoy the fruits of my labor (picking them in the hot Oregon sunshine last summer!).
I was searching Pinterest for some new recipes to try that sounded good, and I stumbled upon this recipe for blueberry pancakes, made from scratch, and decided to give it a try.
I’d made blueberry pancakes before where you just toss in blueberries to a packaged pancake mix, but making them from scratch sounded much better to me. It was easy!
The batter was easy to make…low on sugar and made with plain Greek yogurt (for some extra protein).
Throw in some delicious blueberries as you are cooking the pancakes…cook till done and voila!
Homemade blueberry pancakes, without all the chemicals, etc. you would find in a purchased pancake mix, and they’re easy to prepare, also!
These homemade blueberry pancakes taste delicious and are filled with great blueberry flavor! I hope you will give them a try!
Looking For More PANCAKE Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few pancake recipes include:
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Have a GREAT day!
Recipe Source: http://www.heathersfrenchpress.com/2013/07/the-best-buttermilk-blueberry-pancakes-using-greek-yogurt.html#more-1289
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen blueberries, right out of the freezer)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
- Whisk the milk and yogurt into the dry ingredients. Whisk until batter is smooth and no lumps are present.
- Stir in the melted butter, egg and vanilla. Mix until well incorporated.
- Heat a skillet or electric griddle to 275 degrees (a low temp for cooking pancakes)
- Lightly spray or butter the griddle or skillet.
- Pour pancake batter in 1/3 cup increments onto hot griddle. Spread a bit to create the size pancake you want.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top of each pancake.
- Cook pancakes about 4 minutes on each side (this is longer than when you use a commercial mix, but it IS the proper time for these to ensure the middle of the pancake is "set".
- When beautifully browned and done, remove pancakes to serving plate, and serve with additional blueberries and powdered sugar or syrup. Enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!