Pasta with Italian Sausage is a delicious meal, with seasoned spaghetti noodles topped with sun-dried tomatoes, onion, basil and summer squash.
Recently I created a recipe for pasta with Italian sausage. I used 2 Italian sausages that I scavenged out of our freezer, added summer squash from our garden, and some sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil) from our garden, as well, so it certainly wasn’t a budget buster!
This dish WAS packed with great flavor! I made the sausage topping while the pasta was cooking, so the entire meal was quick to put together!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
How To Make Pasta with Italian Sausage
Begin by cooking the pasta according to the package directions. While the pasta was cooking, I cooked the ingredients for the “sauce” in my trusty old, large skillet.
These ingredients include Italian sausage, onion, green peppers, yellow squash, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, minced garlic, and spices.
When done cooking, drain off the little bit of grease from the Italian sausage from the skillet. Good riddance!
Season the Cooked Pasta
For this recipe for pasta with Italian sausage I use spaghetti, but any pasta would work just fine! When done cooking, drain the pasta (don’t rinse), then put it back in the pan. Toss the hot pasta with butter, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve The Pasta with Italian Sausage
Divide the hot, seasoned pasta with Italian sausage into serving dishes. Top each portion with the Italian sausage mixture. Generously sprinkle the pasta with additional Parmesan cheese, to finish.
Grab a fork, and enjoy this tasty pasta with Italian sausage dish! Looks pretty good, and tastes very good! The best part? Pasta with Italian sausage can be prepared and on the table in about 20 minutes!
Hope you enjoy this delicious pasta with Italian sausage! I made it up as I went along (which is ALWAYS an adventure!), but was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it was. the pasta is full of flavor! My husband and I LOVED this simple meal. Have a great day, friends, and please come back again soon.
Looking For More PASTA Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few favorite pasta recipes include:
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Chicken Broccoli Fettucine Alfredo
- Fresh Tomato, Bacon and Onion Fettucine
- Shrimp Scampi
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: My hungry brain.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Italian sausages , casing removed
- 1/4 cup chopped brown onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces pasta (½ pound)- I used spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil (for pasta). When fully boiling, add pasta and cook per package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the "sauce", by heating olive oil on medium high in large skillet. Add crumbled Italian sausage, chopped onion, green peppers, yellow squash, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, oregano and minced garlic. Cook for approx. 7-8 minutes, until done. Drain any grease from pan. Keep warm.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain, then return to pan. While pasta is hot, add butter, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Toss well, to combine.
- Place seasoned pasta in serving bowls. Top with hot sausage mixture.
- Garnish (liberally) with additional shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!