Well, it’s the New Year and it seems like everyone I know is on a new diet. Smoothies are all the talk this time of year. I happen to love smoothies. Here’s a great recipe for making a Raspberry Yogurt Smoothie.
They are so easy to make… just throw a bunch of “good for you” ingredients in the old blender, and blend until you have a nice, cold, creamy, fruity beverage! Like this one, for example!
I use Greek yogurt (for added protein) in most of the smoothies I make. I pick fresh raspberries each summer at a local U-Pick farm, so I always seem to have raspberries hanging out in my freezer, and bananas on our kitchen counter all year long. This is a GOOD thing when I want to make a cold fruit smoothie.
A lot of times I will double the amount of ingredients for any smoothie I make. Any leftover smoothies can be frozen and eaten later, when it will have firmed up, similar to ice cream, but better for you. Let it thaw a bit, then dish it up!
You can also make popsicle-style treats with smoothies. Just pour the smoothie into a popsicle mold and freeze until later. It’s a wonderful, nutritious treat!
I’m pretty sure by now everyone has their way of making a fruit smoothie. That’s awesome!
This is my way… hope you’ll give it a try and enjoy a cold and delicious raspberry smoothie.
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 banana , sliced
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- whipped cream (as garnish... optional!)
- Put the raspberries, banana, yogurt, milk, honey and vanilla into a blender. Mix well until creamy. Add the ice and continue blending until thick and smooth. If necessary, add a bit more ice to make smoothie the thickness you desire.
- If desired, garnish with a spray of whipped cream!
- Grab a straw, drink it up, and enjoy!