Our family really enjoyed this Southwestern flavored Black Bean, Corn & Tomato Salad with Avocado Cilantro Dressing at our Father’s Day BBQ this past weekend. I served it as a side dish with grilled hamburgers, fresh fruit, and potato salad.
I recently made a Southwest Steak Salad with Avocado & Cilantro Dressing, and still had some of the dressing left in our refrigerator. I decided to make a quick, healthy salad with some canned black beans and corn (and a few other ingredients in my refrigerator), and use the leftover avocado and cilantro dressing to bind it all together with great flavor! Boy, was it eve GOOD! Surprisingly GOOD!
The dressing was very quick and easy to prepare… the ingredients are mixed until creamy in a blender or food processor.
The yummy dressing looks like this once fully blended. This is more than you will need for this recipe… BUT… if you double the salad ingredients (if you’re making this for a LARGE group), it will be perfect! If not, just use it on a great salad… or as a delicious topping for tacos!
Salad ingredients are placed in a serving bowl. Avocado dressing is added, and stirred to combine. Salad is then refrigerated until ready to serve… that’s it! This salad is so easy to make in about 10 minutes, and it is incredibly flavorful and delicious! This would be a great salad to take to a family gathering or potluck!
Hope you will give this salad a try. Great taste, in next to no time at all! Have a great day.
Salad Dressing Source: http://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/southwestern-steak-salad-with-cilantro-avocado-dressing/
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place black beans, corn, chopped red onion, tomato and 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro into serving bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare salad dressing by placing all dressing ingredients (except salt and pepper) into a blender. Blend very well, until dressing is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (If it is too thick, you can thin it a bit by adding a tiny bit more olive oil and red wine vinegar).
- Gently mix about 3 Tablespoons of the dressing into the beans/corn mixture. Stir until combined. (Add additional dressing if desired. You will not use all the dressing, but it keeps well in refrigerator and can be used on other salads).
- Cover salad and refrigerate until ready to serve!