About a month ago I found a recipe on Pinterest for Chili, Lime & Cumin Cod. The flavor combination sounded interesting to me (a bit Southwestern), AND I had a few pieces of cod in my freezer… soooo… I decided to give this recipe a try.
The entire recipe took less than 15 minutes to prepare, so I would consider this a truly easy, quick, and flavorful entree! I think the quick, flavorful sauce would be great on grilled halibut, swordfish, tilapia or mahi-mahi, as well. I really don’t think it’s possible to mess this one up!
Here’s how you make this: The pieces of cod are seasoned with spices, then are baked in the oven for about 10 minutes. (Total no-brainer)
While the fish is baking, you make the sauce (another no-brainer):
First you melt the butter…
Add cumin and lime juice to the melted butter…
Stir sauce to combine ingredients, and cook for one more minute…
Remove pieces of fish from oven. Place fish onto serving plate. Drizzle with sauce… serve and enjoy! THAT’S IT!
Recipe Source: http://cocinandoconalena.blogspot.com/2010/12/chili-lime-cumin-cod.html
- 2 pounds cod fillets (4 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano (may substitute dried parsley or dried cilantro-I put a bit of each on the fish)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray an oven-safe baking pan with non-stick spray (or coat pan with oil)
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, oregano, and salt. Mix to combine. Sprinkle spices on top of the pieces of cod. Press spices slightly into the fish to adhere.
- Place cod into baking pan. Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until fish is done and opaque in color.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet. Add the cumin and the juice of one lime. Stir to combine; cook for an additional minute.
- When pieces of cod are finished cooking, remove pieces to individual serving plates. Drizzle the Lime/Cumin/Butter sauce over the top of the pieces of fish. Serve... and enjoy!
- While fish is baking, melt the butter in a small skillet. or p