You’re gonna love these delicious Banana Crumb Muffins, with a surprise cream cheese filling! Easy to make, they will be a family favorite breakfast or snack!What’s a girl to do when her husband is out of state at a seminar and she can’t sleep? Make these amazing Banana Crumb Muffins (with a surprise cream cheese filling) at 5:00 AM for breakfast… that’s what!
I found this recipe for banana crumb muffins on a blog that I love… “The Café Sucré Farine”, and thought I would give these muffins a try. I highly recommend this website and it’s author, Chris Scheuer. She is very creative, and posts wonderful recipes, along with great photography by her husband, Scott!
Back to my story… I woke up very early after only 3 hours sleep and decided to whip up these muffins. They sounded wonderful, and I loved the idea of cream cheese filling inside the muffins, along with a crumbly topping.
If You Enjoy Banana Bread, You Will Enjoy Banana Crumb Muffins
I compare these banana crumb muffins to a really, REALLY good banana nut bread… on steroids. They are soooo delicious!
The muffins are made with a layer of banana batter, a surprise layer of cream cheese filling, and another layer of banana batter. For a finishing touch, the banana crumb muffins are crowned with a brown sugar, cinnamon and pecan crumb mixture on top.
Here’s a photo of the banana crumb muffins, hot and fresh from the oven… looking GOOD!
Once the paper baking wrapper has been removed, you can see the three layers, plus the crumb topping!
My favorite way to eat these delicious banana crumb muffins is warm, with a touch of butter… Yum! You are gonna LOVE these muffin treats!
By the way, if you enjoy muffins, you might enjoy other delicious recipes on my blog for Blueberry Crumble Muffins, Cranberry Orange Muffins, or Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, to name a few!
Be sure and check out the Recipe Index with ALL of my blog recipes! The Recipe Index is located at the top of the page.
I enthusiastically recommend these moist, delicious Banana Crumb Muffins for breakfast OR a light snack! The recipe as written makes 12 muffins, and they freeze well. Hope you will give them a try!
Have a GREAT day, friends! Get in that kitchen and whip up a batch of these muffins. You won’t regret it!
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://thecafesucrefarine.com/2011/04/banana-crumb-muffins/
You're gonna love these delicious Banana Crumb Muffins, with a surprise cream cheese filling! Easy to make, they will be a family favorite breakfast or snack!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas , mashed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg , slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter , melted
- 4 oz. cream cheese , softened
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg , slightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with 12 muffin wrappers or spray lightly with a non stick spray.
- Prepare the muffin batter in a large bowl: Mix the 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, powder and salt together. In a separate bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix only until ingredients are combined and moist. Do not over mix. Set aside.
- Make the Cream Cheese Filling: In a separate bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and vanilla. Mix these ingredients until well blended. Set aside.
- Make the Crumb Topping: Mix together brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and butter in a small bowl. Use a fork to combine; mix until the ingredients becomes small crumbs. Set aside.
- To prepare/layer the muffins: Spoon half of the muffin batter into the bottom of the prepared muffin cups. Top muffin batter with a Tablespoon of the cream cheese filling. Top cream cheese filling with the remaining half of muffin batter. There should be three layers: muffin batter, cream cheese filling, muffin batter. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with crumb topping to cover. Total of four layers!
- Bake the muffins in a 375 degree oven for 18-20 minutes (mine took 20), or until a toothpick inserted into middle of the muffin comes out clean. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
**TIP: Once you remove the muffins from oven, If the muffin is spilling over the top of the pan, simply take a butter knife and gently but quickly push the muffin back into the pan on all of it's sides. This tends to round the muffin off and make for a prettier presentation. The recipe's author suggested this and I did it... it works!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!