This colorful berry orange spinach salad with strawberries, blackberries, mandarin oranges, and feta, is topped with a citrus balsamic vinaigrette!
During the heat of summer, I try to cook “light” dinners… sometimes it’s just too hot for a big heavy meal! I recently made my husband and I an entree sized Berry Orange Spinach Salad with Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette for dinner, and we LOVED it!
The berry orange spinach salad was filling, and it was pretty to look at, too! You eat with your eyes first, right? Baby spinach leaves, crumbled feta cheese, walnuts or pecans, mandarin orange slices, strawberries, and some fresh blackberries are the ingredients in the salad.
The salad dressing is an easy to mix together citrus balsamic vinaigrette, and it really complimented the sweet fresh fruit and the slightly salty feta well. All in all, this berry orange spinach salad is an extremely easy dish to make! It is a PERFECT salad to make on a busy summer day!). Here’s how to make it:
Scroll Down for A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
Make The Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette
Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh squeezed orange juice, and honey together in a small bowl. Once the ingredients are fully mixed, set the salad dressing aside until you are ready to serve the salad. See how EASY that was?
How Many Servings Will This Recipe Make?
The berry orange spinach salad, (as written) will make either 4 small side salads OR 2 large entree salads. Please note that I made two entree sized salads, and my photos will reflect this.
NOTE: The caloric calculation totals shown in the printable recipe (below) are calculated using the amount of calories for a side salad.
Assemble The Berry Orange Spinach Salad
Divide the chilled baby spinach leaves into serving bowls or onto plates. Evenly divide and arrange the strawberries, mandarin orange slices, blackberries, feta and pecans on top of the spinach for each salad.
Note: If you want to prepare the salad ahead of serving time, do not add vinaigrette to salad. Keep the berry orange spinach salad covered and refrigerated, until you are ready to serve.
Right before serving, remove the salad(s) from the refrigerator, give the citrus balsamic vinaigrette a good stir, and drizzle it over each berry orange spinach salad!
Gently toss, to combine all the salad ingredients, and serve! YUM! The berry orange spinach salad not only looks good, it tastes good, too! Time to dig in!
We really enjoyed these light, but filling salads for dinner! Hope you will consider trying this delicious berry orange spinach salad recipe, too! Have a great day! I am so thankful today for my life, my health, my family (including our puppy!), and God… who loves me deeply, just as I am!
Looking For More SALAD Recipes?
You can find all of my salad recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few family favorites include:
- Chicken Taco Salad Bowl
- Easy Chicken Caesar Salad
- Grilled Chili & Lime Chicken Fajita Salad
- Lemon Herb Couscous Salad
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Adapted From: https://www.yayforfood.com/recipes/berry-orange-spinach-salad-citrus-balsamic-vinaigrette
- 6 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 mandarin oranges , peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup strawberries , halved (can substitute raspberries, if desired-keep whole)
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans (I used pecans)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh squeezed orange juice, and honey together to make the vinaigrette. Once mixed, set aside until time to dress the salad.
- The salad (as written) will make either 2 large entree salads, or 4 small side salads. To serve, divide chilled baby spinach leaves into serving bowls or onto plates. Evenly divide and arrange the strawberries, mandarin orange slices, blackberries, feta and pecans over the spinach.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over each salad, then toss to combine ingredients, and serve! If you want to prepare the salad ahead of serving time, do not add vinaigrette. Keep salad covered and refrigerated. Right before serving, remove chilled salad from refrigerator, give salad dressing a stir and drizzle it on salad!
Caloric calculation is based on using a side salad serving size (1/4 of total).
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!