Every year my mom orders and generously mails us several pounds of fresh-picked and shelled pecans she gets from a pecan farm in Texas. I almost always make Candied Orange, Cinnamon & Clove Spiced Pecans with some of them at Christmas time!
What a great treat it is to open the box we receive each Fall, and see bags and bags of harvested, shelled pecans that were hanging on a tree (minding their own business) just a few days before.
I use lots of these pecans for my holiday baking, but love to set some aside to make this recipe for candied pecans, which (besides being oh-so-yummy) are great to give in gift bags to friends at Christmas!
The wonderful flavors of orange, cinnamon and cloves combine to make this treat one of my personal favorites! I don’t remember where I got this little recipe card many years ago, but I DO remember the smile it brought to our faces the first time we tried them. I hope you enjoy them, as well. Here’s how easy it is to make them:
How To Make These Candied Spiced Pecans
Spread pecans on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake @ 275 degrees for 10 minutes.
In a saucepan, combine sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Bring to a boil and then boil for 2 minutes longer. Remove pan from heat, and stir in pecans. Mix well, until pecans are fully coated.
Using a slotted spoon, remove nuts and place on waxed paper or aluminum foil, trying to keep the pecans separated from each other (I use a fork to help separate).
Let the pecans dry for several hours (or until dry to the touch), then break up any of the pecans that are “stuck” to each other. That’s it!
Have a great day! Sure hope you will have the opportunity to make these absolutely delicious candied spiced pecans!
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup prepared orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- Spread pecans on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake pecans @ 275 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Bring to a boil and then boil for 2 minutes longer.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in pecans. Mix well.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove nuts and place on waxed paper or aluminum foil, trying to keep the pecans separated from each other (I use a fork to help separate).
- Let the pecans dry for several hours (or until dry to the touch), then break up any of the pecans that are "stuck" to each other.
- Store the pecans in a covered container to keep them at their peak freshness. This recipe makes approximately 4 1/2 cups. Enjoy!