A couple of summers ago I experimented making many different kinds of homemade ice cream and sorbets with my ice cream maker. This Cantaloupe Sorbet is one of the recipes I made and guess what? It is very EASY to make and is refreshing and DELICIOUS!
(TIP: Make sure you get a wonderfully RIPE cantaloupe for best flavor!)
This would be a perfectly yummy frozen dessert on a warm summer evening…hope you will give it a try. It’s very refreshing!
Recipe Source: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/cantaloupe-sorbet/
- 1 whole very ripe cantaloupe , peeled, seeds removed, and cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 6 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor (or blender) and puree till smooth.
- Place pureed fruit in the refrigerator (covered), and refrigerate at least 6 hours (or overnight).
- Pour ingredients into an ice cream maker and freeze per manufacturer's directions.
- Serve in chilled serving dishes and ENJOY!
**Prep time includes chilling time in the refrigerator.
**Be sure to use very ripe cantaloupe for best flavor.