Dark chocolate and Bing cherries are featured in delicious Cherry Garcia Ice Cream (copycat) recipe, made in an electric ice cream maker! Here’s a great recipe for Copycat Cherry Garcia Ice Cream I discovered two years ago during my Summer Ice Cream Experiment! I spent the summer experimenting with many homemade ice cream recipes in my Cuisinart Ice Cream maker.
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
About Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
I only managed to get one picture of this yummy cherry garcia ice cream before we dove in….YUM! I love it when I can experiment and make “copycat” recipes. This is a knockoff recipe for one of the most famous (and wildly popular) of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream flavors. If you love the original, you will love this simple to make version! Cherry Garcia ice cream is filled with juicy Bing cherries, sweet cream, and chocolate.
Summer is just around the corner, and I hope you will give this recipe a try…perfect for a hot summer evening (or let’s get real…ANYTIME you require ice cream…stat!). Have a great day, and hope you enjoy this recipe for Cherry Garcia ice cream!
Looking For More ICE CREAM Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, which is located at the top of the page. I have LOTS of ice cream recipes you’ll enjoy, including:
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe source: My regular vanilla base (from Cuisinart book) + experimenting
↓↓ PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW ↓↓
Dark chocolate and Bing cherries are featured in delicious Cherry Garcia Ice Cream (copycat) recipe, made in an electric ice cream maker!
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate , grated finely, then covered & refrigerated (to keep it cold)
- 1/2 cup fresh Bing cherries , pitted, halved, & then covered & refrigerated (to keep them cold)
- 1/2 cup Egg substitute
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Prepare the chocolate and the cherries as indicated in ingredient list. Place them in separate bowls; cover and keep refrigerated until just before ice cream has finished freezing.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, sugar, and vanilla together until the sugar has dissolved (a couple minutes). Pour in the whipping cream and milk; continue whisking until fully blended.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to your ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. About 5 minutes before the ice cream is done (and has thickened), add the grated chocolate and cherries to the ice cream mixture. Continue churning the ice cream for remainder of time indicated for your machine. When done, transfer mixture to a container suitable for a freezer, and let it continue to "ripen" (i.e. firm up) in the freezer. When ready to serve, grab an ice cream scoop and dig in!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!