Five simple ingredients are the only ingredients needed to make absolutely delicious Kiwi Mango Sorbet! It’s a refreshing frozen treat on hot summer days!
A couple of years ago I was fortunate enough to receive a Cuisinart ice cream maker. Guess what I did over summer vacation? Most of the summer I tried out a large variety of ice cream recipes, including this one for Kiwi Mango Sorbet.
I dubbed it my “Summer Ice Cream Experiment” and am slowly adding the various recipes I experimented with to this blog. It is almost Spring and I find myself longing for warm and clear summer nights, sitting out on our deck with family and friends. We really enjoy these nights when we can- talking, laughing and enjoying a dish of homemade ice cream or sorbet until late in the evening. What a simple pleasure, but so wonderful!
Scroll Down For a Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
Made A Slight “Tweak” To Another Recipe To Make Kiwi Mango Sorbet
This deliciously refreshing recipe originally was for mango sorbet, but I decided to tweak it slightly by using kiwis as the major component. Of course, I still threw in a fresh mango for good measure, and the sorbet results turned out even better than I had hoped for!
Does It Take A Long Time To Make Kiwi Mango Sorbet?
The entire recipe from start to finish took about 35 minutes to make, and that’s not bad! Then I firmed the sorbet up some in our freezer before serving. This recipe makes a fairly small amount of kiwi mango sorbet, but it can be easily doubled or tripled!
An “inside” ice cream machine been a great addition to our home! (NO…I am not a spokeswoman for this company…I just love this product!) I know this recipe for kiwi mango sorbet would also work in any ice cream maker. This recipe could be doubled easily, for a larger ice cream freezer!
Looking For More ICE CREAM Or SORBET Recipes?
You can find all of my ice cream or sorbet recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few of our favorites include:
- Cantaloupe Sorbet
- Chunky Monkey Ice Cream (copycat)
- Coffee Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Perfectly PEACHY Ice Cream
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe adapted from: Cuisinart Instruction and Recipe Booklet
↓↓ PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW ↓↓
- 1 ripe but firm mango , peeled, pitted and cubed
- 7 kiwis , peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 6 Tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice (I used lemon)
- Place the mango and kiwi cubes, sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice in a food processor or blender that has been fitted with a metal blade. Pulse to chop the fruit up, then continue to process (or blend) until the mixture is thick and smooth. If necessary, use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender canister or work bowl.
- Pour fruit puree into freezer canister and freeze per manufacturer's instructions. Ready in about 25-30 minutes.
- I recommend putting the finished sorbet in a covered container in the freezer for a couple of hours to "ripen" and firm it up.
*This fruit puree can be made up to a day ahead. If making it this way, cover the bowl and keep refrigerated until ready to freeze. Enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!