Carrot Zucchini Bread is a wonderful tasting loaf of sweet bread, topped with a cream cheese and pecan frosting! This easy to make recipe yields two loaves!
What do you get if carrot cake gets married to zucchini bread? This! Carrot Zucchini Bread. I found this recipe online and decided to try it and use up some of the frozen, grated zucchini hanging out in my freezer, leftover from our garden surplus. It was a great find.
I made this bread yesterday…the flavor combo of the zucchini, carrots, brown sugar and cinnamon is a winning one, for sure! Then to top it all off (quite literally!), the cream cheese pecan frosting is fantastic!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
Carrot Zucchini Bread Is Incredibly EASY To Make!
The batter for the carrot zucchini bread is easy to mix together. REALLY easy!
Divide the batter and add to floured loaf pans, then into the oven it goes to bake!
Here is the carrot zucchini bread, fresh from the oven, and cooling on a wire rack before frosting.
Easy To Make Cream Cheese Frosting For Carrot Zucchini Bread
The cream cheese and pecan frosting is super easy to make, and goes PERFECTLY with this delicious bread. Wait until the loaves are completely cooled to room temperature before frosting.
Here is a finished, frosted loaf of carrot zucchini bread. I garnished it with a few tiny strips of dehydrated carrots, just for fun!
Ready To Slice And Enjoy
The bread is moist, and filled with FLAVOR! LOOK – I cut a slice just for YOU!
The bread was easy to prepare, and very tasty! I had a slice this morning with my coffee. Delicious! I really think you and your family will LOVE this loaf of bread!
The recipe, as written makes 2 loaves of carrot zucchini bread, and is easily cut in half in case you only want to make one loaf, so it’s a win-win! You can also make two loaves, eat one, and share another with a friend, neighbor, or family member! Hope you will give this yummy bread a try…and hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Have a great day, and come back soon.
You can find ALL of my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. You might also enjoy my recipes for banana bread, apple cinnamon, pumpkin, or cinnamon raisin bread.
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Adapted From: http://www.howtoinstructions.us/carrot-zucchini-bread/#.U5MvNCi4mSq
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable (or canola) oil
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded , peeled carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated , shredded zucchini (and drained well, if using frozen)
- 6 Tablespoons butter , softened
- 5 oz. cream cheese , softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While oven is preheating, coat 2 8x4 inch loaf pans with non stick baking spray, then lightly flour pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl place the granulated and brown sugars; whisk these until combined.
- Add the vegetable oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla to the sugar mixture; mix until well incorporated.
- Stir the shredded carrots and zucchini into this mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the carrot zucchini mixing bowl all at once. Stir this only until combined.
- Divide the bread batter into the two loaf pans.
- Place loaf pans in oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, then without removing loaves from oven, quickly place a piece of aluminum foil over the top of each pan (to prevent too much browning), then continue baking the bread for an additional 15-20 minutes longer.
- Remove bread from oven when toothpick inserted in middle of loaves comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the loaf pan for another 5-10 minutes, then invert it onto a wire rack and let it finish cooling.
- While bread is cooling, make the cream cheese frosting: Using a hand mixer, whip the butter and cream cheese together in a medium sized mixing bowl. When smooth and fluffy, add the powdered sugar and the vanilla. Beat this mixture on medium high speed for 2-3 minutes, until it is light and fluffy.
- Frost cooled loaf with the cream cheese frosting, then top with chopped pecans. (I just added the pecans to the frosting, by the way...no big deal).
Recipe is easily halved. (just use 2 eggs instead of 1 1/2).
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!