You’ll enjoy this marinated tomato salad, featuring cherry tomatoes in a balsamic/honey sauce, on mixed greens, with pine nuts and Parmesan cheese!
Do you like tomatoes? We sure do, so I want to share this delightful recipe for a Marinated Tomato Salad. Yes…you heard me right. The tomatoes are MARINATED before serving, and they are wonderful!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
How I Got The Recipe For Marinated Tomato Salad
My husband and I were first served this marinated tomato salad when we were guests at a lovely Italian dinner, hosted by our mutual friend Greg. The cherry tomatoes are marinated in a wonderful blend of balsamic vinegar and honey, along with other ingredients, which give the tomatoes a fantastic flavor. The marinade is also used as the dressing over chilled, fresh greens. It was so delicious, and the rest is history.
Marinated tomato salad is not only delicious, but is really easy to prepare! It LOOKS like a “normal” green salad, but the marinated tomatoes really make this salad taste very different from “normal” salads. I asked our friend for the recipe he used and he was kind enough to send it to me. I only made a couple very slight changes to his original recipe.
You can use a basket of red cherry tomatoes or a colorful mix of cherry tomatoes. I’ve used both.
The marinade is so easy to prepare, and doubles as a wonderful dressing to the chilled salad when serving!
Let those beautiful tomatoes sit in the marinade in the refrigerator for several hours to soak up all the flavor! The longer time they marinade, the better for taste!
I hope you will give this refreshing and delicious marinated tomato salad a try. Pretty sure you will love it!
Looking For More SALAD Recipes?
You can find ALL my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. I have a great variety of salads, including:
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Have a GREAT day!
Recipe adapted from: Gregory Beagle
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes , halved
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 3 cups Chilled , fresh mixed salad greens
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese , grated (enough to sprinkle on top of salad)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (or sunflower seeds)
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, horizontally.
- In a covered medium sized container, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and basil.
- Add the halved tomatoes to the marinade mixture. Stir gently to combine. Cover and place container in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally to completely coat the tomatoes with the marinade.
- When ready to serve, arrange fresh, chilled salad greens on serving plate. Spoon the tomatoes over the top of the greens. Spoon some of the marinade over each salad. Top with pine nuts (or sunflower seeds), followed by fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!