Chicken Parmesan Spinach Gnocchi is an easy to make, 30 minute Italian dish with chicken, fluffy potato dumplings, Parmesan cheese sauce and spinach!
What do you get when you combine chicken, fluffy Italian potato dumplings, Parmesan cheese sauce and spinach into an easy meal? This recipe for Chicken Parmesan Spinach Gnocchi, that’s what… a simple, yet absolutely delicious entree! If you’re a Vegetarian, you can simply leave the chicken out and still enjoy this wonderful dish!
I found the original recipe on Pinterest, and decided to fix it for dinner recently. It was sooooo good! This chicken parmesan spinach gnocchi recipe serves 4, and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare, from start to finish!
Talk about Italian comfort food! Whoa… the potato gnocchi are a classic Italian pasta, and the chicken breast chunks provide protein. In addition, the creamy Parmesan sauce is amazing, and the fresh spinach used in the recipe would make Popeye proud!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of the Page
How To Make Chicken Parmesan Spinach Gnocchi
Here’s how simple this recipe is to prepare: Cut 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Lightly season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat olive oil in skillet on medium high heat.
Once oil is hot, add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
Cook The Gnocchi
Prepare gnocchi according to package directions. Basically, you add them to boiling water, cook, and when they float to the surface they are done. This typically takes only a few minutes. Drain the gnocchi. Set aside.
Prepare The Sauce
Place the empty pan back on the stove. Add butter to pan and heat on medium until melted. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring well. Add flour; stir well to remove lumps and form a roux (thick paste).
Cook and stir for 30 seconds, just to “cook out” the raw flour taste. Add milk slowly to roux; stir or whisk it well to remove any remaining lumps. Cook this for 2-3 minutes only until the sauce has begun to thicken.
This is what the creamy sauce will look like, as it begins to thicken while cooking.
Time For Some “Add-Ins”
Stir in the chopped fresh spinach. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the sauce has thickened and spinach has wilted. Add Parmesan cheese and the cooked chicken into sauce. Stir well to combine.
You can add a bit more milk if the sauce is too thick. Taste the finished sauce, then season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary, to suit your personal taste preference.
Add The Gnocchi And Serve
Remove the pan from the heat, and add cooked, drained gnocchi. Gently stir until all ingredients are combined. If necessary, reheat through on low. Serve the chicken parmesan spinach gnocchi immediately once it reaches the desired heat.
Serving Chicken, Parmesan & Spinach Gnocchi
I dish up the gnocchi onto individual serving plates, then garnish with a bit more grated Parmesan cheese (can never have too much Parmesan, right?). Serve, and enjoy this wonderful chicken dish! It’s creamy, has great flavor, and is delicious and filling!
If you enjoy this chicken parmesan spinach gnocchi, you will LOVE my “copycat” recipe for Olive Garden’s Chicken Gnocchi Soup or a recipe for Creamy Italian Sausage Gnocchi. They are both delicious, also!
I really hope you will consider making this chicken parmesan spinach gnocchi recipe. I think you will be surprised at just how simple it is to make, in such a short time. Have a wonderful day… and be KIND as you journey through this 24 hours you’ve been given!
Be sure and check out ALL my recipes in the Recipe Index, which is located at the top of the page. I have a LOT of delicious, family-friendly recipes I’m confident you will enjoy
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Adapted From: http://www.lifeasastrawberry.com/parmesan-spinach-gnocchi/
Chicken Parmesan Spinach Gnocchi is an easy to make, 30 minute Italian entree with chicken, fluffy potato dumplings, Parmesan cheese sauce and spinach!
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- Salt , pepper and garlic powder (to lightly season chicken)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi (found in pasta section)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups milk
- 3 cups fresh spinach , chopped
- Additional salt/pepper and milk , if necessary
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Lightly season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat olive oil in skillet on medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Prepare gnocchi according to pkg. directions (add to boiling water, cook, and when they float to surface they're done - 3-4 minutes). Drain gnocchi. Set aside. Place empty pan back on stove.
- Add butter to pan; heat on medium until melted. Add minced garlic; cook for 1 minute, stirring well. Add flour; whisk well to remove lumps and form a roux (thick paste). Cook and stir for 30-60 seconds to "cook out" flour taste. Add milk slowly to roux; stir well. Cook for 2-3 minutes only until sauce has begun to thicken.
- Add chopped spinach; stir well. Cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce has thickened and spinach has wilted. Add Parmesan cheese, then add cooked chicken to sauce. Stir well. Add a bit more milk if sauce is too thick. Taste sauce; season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Remove pan from heat; add cooked and drained gnocchi. Gently stir until all ingredients are combined. If necessary, reheat through on low. Serve immediately upon reaching desired heat.
- Serve, garnishing each portion with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!