Wouldn’t it be fun to receive an absolutely delicious Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza for a birthday surprise? I think it’s even more fun to GIVE one as a birthday surprise!
I made the giant cookie pictured above as a birthday gift for a friend, placed it inside a pizza box, and hand delivered it right to their front doorstep (no tipping of the delivery driver necessary)! It was fun honoring them in a unique way on their special day.
The cookie itself is very easy to make, and is baked on a traditional 12 inch pizza pan. Once baked and cooled, the pizza is then drizzled decoratively with semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate for the finishing touch. It really couldn’t be simpler, and once it is delivered in a pizza box, becomes a unique treat for a special friend or family member. The cookie can be sliced into pie shaped wedges with a pizza cutter. Just remember… if your friend decides to eat the WHOLE cookie themself, they’re going to need a HUGE glass of milk!
Hope you try this recipe. It’s a fun and creative way to make a dessert cookie that actually serves between 10 and 12 people! Make it a special occasion to remember!
Recipe Adapted From: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2016/06/27/chocolate-chip-cookie-pizza/
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter , room temp (1½ cubes)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar , firmly packed (light or dark brown sugar is okay)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening , divided (1 for semi-sweet, 1 for white chocolate)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together. Set bowl aside.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed until well combined (about 2 minutes). Add egg; beat for 1 minute on high. Add vanilla extract, and beat well to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Slowly mix on low until they are fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough onto prepared pizza pan. Use a rubber spatula or your clean fingers to spread and flatten out the thick dough until the dough just about reaches the edges of pan.
- Bake cookie for 22-25 minutes. When done, the cookie should be lightly browned on top. If you want crispy edges on the cookie, let it bake a couple minutes longer. When done, remove pan to a wire rack and let cookie cool (still on the pan).
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in two separate bowls. Add 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening to each bowl. Microwave each on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. If necessary, heat additional 15 seconds, then stir, until smooth. Do not over cook as the chocolate can burn. Drizzle the chocolate over the cooled cookie in a decorative pattern. Let chocolate firm up on pizza before wrapping as a gift or slicing. For packaging, place cookie on parchment paper (cut to fit) and place cookie "pizza" inside a clean pizza box.