Make a delicious, GIANT chocolate chip cookie pizza as a sweet, unique gift for a birthday or other occasion! Recipe serves 12!
Wouldn’t it be fun to receive an absolutely delicious Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza for a birthday surprise? Sometimes I think it’s even more fun to GIVE one as a birthday surprise!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Cad At The Bottom Of The Page
Make A Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza As A Gift!
I made the giant cookie pizza, pictured above, as a birthday gift for a friend. The chocolate chip cookie pizza was placed inside a pizza box, and hand delivered right to her front doorstep. There was no tipping of the delivery driver necessary! What a fun way to honor them in a unique way on their special day.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza Is HUGE
The cookie itself is very easy to make, and it is BIG! This cookie is baked on a traditional 12 inch round pizza pan. It is a big dessert, which can be cut into 12 individual servings.
Once baked and cooled, the cookie is drizzled decoratively with semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate for a finishing touch. Once the chocolate icing has firmed up, the cookie is ready to be served (or boxed up for delivery).
Fire Up The Birthday Candles!
Add some little birthday candles once the pizza box is opened, to make it an extra special birthday gift! This treat is so easy, and once delivered in a pizza box, it becomes a unique treat for a special friend or family member.
The cookie can be sliced into 12 pie shaped wedges with a pizza cutter. Just remember… if your friend decides to eat the WHOLE cookie themselves, they’re going to need a HUGE glass of milk!
Hope you try this recipe for this delicious, giant chocolate chip cookie pizza. It’s a fun and creative way to make a dessert cookie that actually serves 12 people! Make it a special occasion to remember! By the way – if you enjoy BIG cookies, be sure to check out my recipe for Giant Sugar Cookies! Have a GREAT day!
Looking For More COOKIE Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. I have some delicious cookie recipes you might enjoy, including:
- Mom’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless, 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Date Roll Cookies
- Single Serving Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Have a FANTASTIC day!
Recipe Adapted From: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2016/06/27/chocolate-chip-cookie-pizza/
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter , room temp (1½ cubes)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar , firmly packed (light or dark brown sugar is okay)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening , divided (1 for semi-sweet, 1 for white chocolate)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together. Set bowl aside.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed until well combined (about 2 minutes). Add egg; beat for 1 minute on high. Add vanilla extract, and beat well to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Slowly mix on low until they are fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough onto prepared pizza pan. Use a rubber spatula or your clean fingers to spread and flatten out the thick dough until the dough just about reaches the edges of pan.
- Bake cookie for 22-25 minutes. When done, the cookie should be lightly browned on top. If you want crispy edges on the cookie, let it bake a couple minutes longer. When done, remove pan to a wire rack and let cookie cool (still on the pan).
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in two separate bowls. Add 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening to each bowl. Microwave each on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. If necessary, heat additional 15 seconds, then stir, until smooth. Do not over cook as the chocolate can burn. Drizzle the chocolate over the cooled cookie in a decorative pattern. Let chocolate firm up on pizza before wrapping as a gift or slicing. For packaging, place cookie on parchment paper (cut to fit) and place cookie "pizza" inside a clean pizza box.
Dough can be prepared ahead of time. Prepare dough as directed. Wrap dough in plastic wrap then cover with foil. May be stored 3 days in fridge or up to 3 months in freezer. If freezing, thaw dough in fridge before placing/spreading onto pizza pan.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!