Here’s another simple, yet wonderfully flavored chicken and pasta dish! Chicken Pomodoro… a simple, yet flavorful meal, featuring chicken in a cream sauce with tomatoes and scallions.
I only took one picture of the finished dinner (my bad), but the directions are very easy to understand; I think you will find cooking this is a breeze! Hope you will give it a try!
Recipe Source: http://www.CuisineAtHome.com
- 4 chicken cutlets, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, then dusted with flour. *Note: If not using cutlets, then cut 2 large chicken breasts in half (horizontally), place between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet until thin.*
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup vodka
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup scallions or green onions, sliced (For Garnish)
- Linguine or Fettuccine pasta (cooked according to pkg. directions)
- Season chicken cutlets. Dust with flour.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the 2 Tablespoons oil to medium-high. When oil is hot, saute the cutlets on both sides until golden brown (this only takes a few minutes on each side). Remove the chicken cutlets to a platter (and keep warm); drain the fat from the pan.
- REMOVE THE SKILLET FROM THE FLAME OR COOK TOP and add the vodka to "deglaze" the skillet (It is VERY important not to blow yourself up, so remember to do this off the heat!)
- After adding the vodka to the skillet away from the flame, put the skillet back on the stove.
- Continue stirring (to get any tasty bits up from the bottom of the skillet) and cook the vodka until it is nearly evaporated.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice to the pan.
- Add the chicken cutlets back into the pan. Cook on each side for another minute. Remove the cutlets; place them on top of hot pasta on the serving platter or individual plates.
- Finish the sauce by adding the chopped tomatoes and whipping cream. Heat through, then spoon the sauce over the cutlets.
- Garnish the chicken with the scallions. Serve and enjoy!