Chicken Pomodoro is an easy 30 minute Italian meal, with pan-seared chicken cutlets in a simple tomato/cream sauce, served over linguine or fettucine.
How I Found This Recipe For Chicken Pomodoro
Are You Looking For More Chicken Recipes?
You can find all of my chicken recipes (there’s a LOT) in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few family favorites include:
- Alice Springs Chicken (an Outback Steakhouse copycat)
- BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizza
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://www.CuisineAtHome.com
- 4 chicken cutlets , lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, then dusted with flour. *Note: If not using cutlets, then cut 2 large chicken breasts in half (horizontally), place between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet until thin.*
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh ripe tomatoes , chopped
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup scallions or green onions , sliced (For Garnish)
- 2 cups Linguine or Fettuccine pasta (cooked according to pkg. directions)
- Season chicken cutlets. Dust with flour.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the 2 Tablespoons oil to medium-high. When oil is hot, saute the cutlets on both sides until golden brown (this only takes a few minutes on each side). Remove the chicken cutlets to a platter (and keep warm); drain the fat from the pan.
- REMOVE THE SKILLET FROM THE FLAME OR COOK TOP and add the vodka to "deglaze" the skillet (It is VERY important not to blow yourself up, so remember to do this off the heat!)
- After adding the vodka to the skillet away from the flame, put the skillet back on the stove.
- Continue stirring (to get any tasty bits up from the bottom of the skillet) and cook the vodka until it is nearly evaporated.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice to the pan.
- Add the chicken cutlets back into the pan. Cook on each side for another minute. Remove the cutlets; place them on top of hot pasta on the serving platter or individual plates.
- Finish the sauce by adding the chopped tomatoes and whipping cream. Heat through, then spoon the sauce over the cutlets.
- Garnish the chicken with the scallions. Serve and enjoy!
The calorie calculation includes half a cup of pasta per person, plus the chicken and sauce.
**Cook the pasta while making the chicken and sauce.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!