Giant Sugar Cookies are fun to eat when you just NEED a cookie as big as your head! Six inches in diameter, these are delicious, classic, BIG yummy treats!
Some days are like that, right? You just need a cookie as big as your head to make it all right again. Something like a Giant Sugar Cookie, perhaps? I made these jumbo cookies recently as my husband and I were still reeling from the loss of our furry family member, Bailey (our beloved dog), who we lost to cancer two weeks ago. Getting in the kitchen and baking is therapy for me, to be honest! My heart was sad, and I really just wanted to bake something yummy! So I did.
This recipe for giant sugar cookies only makes 6 cookies, but they each come out about 6 inches wide, so trust me when I say, you will only need one. My husband and I each ate one, then I gave the others away to our 2 sons, one of their girlfriends and one of our friends.
I like to bake, but I LOVE to give goodies to my friends and family even more (I hope you LOVE the giant size… every now and then someone you know might just need a GIANT cookie to help make it all better)!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
Giant Sugar Cookies Are Easy To Make:
While your oven is preheating, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Once smooth, add egg and mix well, then add other dry ingredients until a soft dough is formed.
Measure out 1/3 cup of the dough for each cookie (6 total), then roll each one in between your clean hands to form a ball.
Place the dough balls on two separate cookie sheets (on parchment paper), leaving plenty of space between each one (remember these will end up about 6 inches in diameter, so trust me… leave lots of room in between the cookie dough balls).
Lightly press down each cookie to flatten them out a bit. Lightly sprinkle tops of cookies with coarse sugar.
Time To Bake!
Bake cookies at 350 degrees for about 14-15 minutes. They should be just lightly brown around the edges when done. The cookies will firm up more as they cool.
See? Each cookie is about 6 inches in diameter. THAT is one GIANT sugar cookie!
Sure hope you enjoy these jumbo-sized cookies! They are fun to give to others when they least expect a surprise gift from your kitchen! Enjoy these big ol’ bites of deliciousness!
Looking For More COOKIE Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. I have lots of yummy cookie recipes you might enjoy, including:
- Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip ‘n Nut Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Dipped Gingersnaps
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://www.centercutcook.com/jumbo-sugar-cookies/
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarse sugar , for sprinkling on top of cookies (optional, but recommended)
- Before beginning, line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Mix until smooth; add egg and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch to the batter. Mix dough until it is thoroughly combined.
- Measure out 1/3 cup dough for each of the 6 cookies. Roll dough between your clean hands to form a ball. Place on cookie sheet (3 per sheet). Repeat with remaining dough. Remember to leave enough space between each dough ball as they will be approximately 6 inches in diameter when done. Lightly press down on each dough ball with your hands, to slightly flatten. Sprinkle tops of cookies with coarse sugar.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 14-15 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool on the parchment paper. They will firm up slightly as they cool. Enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!