Honey garlic chicken breasts are baked in a honey garlic sauce, with red potatoes and broccoli in this delicious, easy, one pan dinner!
Last evening I tried a new chicken recipe… for ALL IN ONE PAN Honey Garlic Chicken And Veggies. Plump chicken breasts, a yummy sauce, red potatoes and broccoli all bake together for this meal.
The honey garlic chicken recipe was very simple to prepare, and the cleanup was a breeze. A main reason cleanup is easy, is because the chicken, baby red potatoes and broccoli are all cooked in the same baking dish. Hooray for one dish meals! On top of that, the final results tasted GOOD.
The honey garlic chicken is coated in a honey, garlic, brown sugar and Dijon sauce, which imparts great flavor to the chicken. All the chicken breasts are baked with baby red potatoes and broccoli florets, and they are yummy!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Cad At The Bottom Of The Page
How To Make Honey Garlic Chicken And Veggies
The sauce is made first by combining olive oil, melted butter, honey, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and spices. It’s so easy!
Prep The Potatoes And The Chicken
Spray a baking dish lightly, then place cut up baby red potatoes in the pan in a single layer. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. **Please note: this recipe makes 4 servings… my pictures only reflect amount of chicken, potatoes and broccoli used for 2 servings.
Brush the sauce onto both sides of the chicken, then place the chicken breasts on top of the potatoes. Spoon additional sauce onto the top of each of the chicken breasts. You will also need to sprinkle the chicken with additional salt.
Bake The Honey Garlic Chicken
Bake the chicken and potatoes in a 400 degree (preheated) oven for 25-30 minutes (mine took 30 minutes), or until completely cooked through (internal temp. of 165 degrees F). About 10 minutes before the chicken is finished baking, put the broccoli into the pan (nestle it in), and continue baking.
Caramelize The Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
When the chicken (and potatoes) are fully cooked through, place the pan under the broiler (in the middle of oven) for 2-3 minutes. This small step of broiling will help to caramelize the tops of the chicken breasts and will slightly char the broccoli.
Serve The Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
When done, spoon some of the sauce left in the pan over the top of the honey garlic chicken. Garnish the chicken breasts with chopped or dried parsley (if desired), dish up the potatoes and broccoli… and serve!
I truly hope you enjoy your one pan honey garlic chicken dinner (and the easy cleanup)! Have a fantastic day, friends. May God bless and keep you.
Looking For More CHICKEN Recipes?
You can find ALL my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. I have a LOT of chicken recipes for you to enjoy, including:
- Honey Lime Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Cutlets with Pecan Sauce
- Easy Baked BBQ Chicken
- Hawaiian “Huli Huli” Chicken
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://damndelicious.net/2015/06/27/one-pan-honey-garlic-chicken-and-veggies/
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- 1 pound baby red potatoes , halved)
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves or dried parsley for garnish
- Prepare the sauce: Whisk 2 Tablespoons olive oil, melted butter, honey, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, minced garlic, oregano and basil together in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk until smooth. Set sauce aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13x 9 baking dish with non stick spray (or lightly oil pan).
- Cut the baby potatoes in half. (If using larger red potatoes, make sure to cut them into fourths (so they will cook all the way through). Put the potatoes in the baking pan, in a single layer. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brush the sauce onto both sides of the chicken breasts and lay the chicken in a single layer on top of the potatoes. Brush additional sauce onto top of each chicken breast. Bake the chicken and potatoes at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. About 10 minutes before the chicken is done, add the broccoli (nestling it in the pan). Continue cooking for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked (chicken should have an internal temp. of 165 degrees when done).
- Once chicken (and potatoes) are done, place the pan on the middle shelf of the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce on top of the chicken is slightly caramelized, and the broccoli has a slight char.
- Place chicken on individual serving plates, and spoon more of the sauce from the pan on top. Garnish chicken breasts with chopped parsley (fresh or dried), if desired. Dish up potatoes and broccoli, serve and enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!