Easy to prepare, healthy AND delicious, baked Mahi Mahi seafood dish, served on a bed of Corn and Avocado Salsa is sure to please your taste buds!
Want to try a fantastic, delicious, healthy and EASY seafood meal? Then look no further. This Mahi Mahi with Corn & Avocado Salsa is the dinner for YOU. Seriously wonderful.
I made this delicious dish for my husband and I the other night for dinner. We both LOVED it! I used frozen mahi mahi fillets that we purchased in a large bag at Costco, then thawed the pieces we needed to make the recipe.
The fish is lightly spiced, and the corn and avocado salsa (that you place the fish on top of when done) is crunchy, creamy and amazing! So quick and easy to prepare, as well!! Winner, winner! This is a perfect meal to serve that’s ready in a flash!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
Make The Seasoning For The Mahi Mahi
The first thing I did was mix up the seasoning for the fish. Took all of about 1 minute. Whew. I know it was hard to not work up a real sweat, but you did it!
Brush all sides of the uncooked Mahi Mahi with the seasoning sauce. I lined a baking sheet with aluminum foil (to catch drips), then sprayed a wire oven-safe rack with non-stick spray.
Bake The Mahi Mahi
Place the fish on the wire rack, then put the rack on top of the foil-covered baking sheet and place it in the oven. You will need to bake the mahi mahi at 375° F for 18-20 minutes.
Make The Corn And Avocado Salsa While Mahi Mahi Bakes
While the fish is baking, it is easy to make the corn and avocado salsa in no time at all. Again… this step is very EASY.
Serve The Mahi Mahi with Corn And Avocado Salsa
When the Mahi Mahi was done baking, I spooned a bed of the salsa onto our individual dinner plates, then placed the baked Mahi Mahi on top. Voila! Quick AND healthy! The mahi mahi and the fresh, delicious salsa looks good and tastes even better!
Sure hope you will give this healthy entree a try… I will most DEFINITELY be preparing this mahi mahi with corn and avocado salsa again! Have a fantastic day, friends.
Looking For More SEAFOOD Recipes?
You can find all of my seafood recipes (there’s a lot!) in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few family favorites include:
- Orange and Rosemary Glazed Salmon
- Mushroom Risotto with Pan-Seared Shrimp
- Pecan Crusted Halibut with Lemon Wine Sauce
- Pan-Seared Rockfish with Fresh Herbs
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://laughingspatula.com/easy-grilled-mahi-with-avocado-and-corn-salsa/
Easy to prepare, healthy AND delicious, this baked Mahi Mahi seafood dish, served on a bed of Corn and Avocado Salsa is sure to please your taste buds!
- 4 mahi mahi fillets - thawed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 fresh ears of corn , (approx. 2 cups-cut from cob)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper , seeded and finely chopped
- 1 firm and ripe avocado , cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup red onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place aluminum foil onto a cookie sheet. Spray a wire rack with a non-stick spray. Place the fish fillets onto the wire rack over the foil (this will make cleanup a snap!). Place cookie sheet with wire rack and fish into oven. Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes or until fish is done.
- While fish is baking, prepare the salsa:
- Mix all the salsa ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- When the fish is done baking, create a "bed" of salsa on the serving plate, then top with a piece of the hot fish. Serve and enjoy!
FYI --Original recipe serves 4. When I made this I only cooked TWO Mahi Mahi fillets, but kept all other ingredients the same... We liked having a large amount of the fresh salsa under the fish.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!