You’ll LOVE this fantastic Southwestern Black Bean Salad, with corn, tomatoes, and avocado! It’s easy, flavorful, and under 90 calories per serving!
Happy Cinco De Mayo! Yesterday our family celebrated our youngest son’s 27th birthday with a Taco and Enchilada Night. One of the side dishes I prepared was this Southwestern Black Bean and Corn Salad…it was the first time I had prepared it, and I am positive I will be making it again!
I found the original recipe for this Southwestern Black Bean Salad on Skinnytaste.com. If you’ve never visited this website, I would encourage you to do so. The blog author, Gina, creates wonderfully tasty, low-fat dishes that are sure to please every palate! Every recipe she posts has the caloric value, Weight Watcher Points, etc. so you know exactly what you are eating, calorie-wise! I love it!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
Some Quick Info On The Southwestern Black Bean Salad
I hope you will give this quick, easy to make (and full of fiber) dish a try. It is very versatile: great as a side salad, or could be used as an appetizer, with tortilla chips. The Southwestern black bean salad recipe makes 6 1/2 cups, which translates to 13 half cup servings at approximately 80-89 calories per serving.
The added bonus is that Southwestern black bean salad is so fresh tasting and DELICIOUS! I think you will enjoy it, especially on a warm Spring or Summer day!
Looking For More SALAD Recipes?
You can find all of my salad recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few family favorites include:
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/06/southwestern-black-bean-salad.html
↓↓ PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW ↓↓
You'll LOVE this fantastic Southwestern Black Bean Salad, with corn, tomatoes, and avocado! It's easy, flavorful, and under 90 calories per serving!
- 15.5 ounces black beans , 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 oz. cooked corn , fresh (grilled), or frozen (thawed)
- 1 medium tomato , chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion , chopped
- 1 stem scallion (green onion) , chopped
- 1 small jalapeno , finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced cilantro (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 limes (the juice from)
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small avocado , diced
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl (beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper).
- In a separate bowl, mix the lime juice and the olive oil together until blended. Pour over salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Add the diced avocado right before you serve the salad.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!