The other evening I made a Spinach, Apple and Goat Cheese Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette to go with dinner. It tasted wonderful, with crunchy apple slices, creamy goat cheese, spinach, dried cranberries, toasted pecans, and a fantastic dressing – amazing!
Talk about a quick and easy salad (and homemade dressing)… wow! The entire salad and amazing vinaigrette dressing took only about 15 minutes from start to finish. My husband and I both loved it!
Here’s how you make this incredibly EASY salad: Place baby spinach , thinly sliced apples, red onion, dried cranberries, toasted pecans (or walnuts), and goat cheese (half of total amount) into a large salad bowl.
Note: I sliced the apples right before serving. If preparing this salad ahead of time, remember to brush apple slices with lemon juice, to prevent them from darkening once exposed to air, OR slice the apples and add to salad just before serving.
Quickly whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients or place in a bottle or container with lid, and shake to fully combine.
Lightly drizzle the salad with vinaigrette.
Toss the salad to mix in the salad dressing, covering all ingredients. Once salad has been tossed, top the salad with the other half of the goat cheese, and serve! THAT’S IT!
See how easy that was? In case you are thinking that the salad is too easy to taste good, let me assure you, the vinaigrette is absolutely fantastic on this salad, AND the salad itself is FULL of great flavors AND textures (chewy, crunchy, creamy)!
I hope you have a wonderful day. Seek out someone you can encourage or give a helping hand to today. We can ALL make a difference in this often hopeless world. Blessings.
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/my-favorite-apple-spinach-salad/
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 2 apples (cored/thinly sliced- leave peel ON)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans (or walnut halves), lightly toasted
- Half small red onion , peeled/thinly sliced
- 5 ounces goat cheese , DIVIDED. (May also substitute feta or bleu cheese)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (may also substitute champagne vinegar)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove , peeled/minced
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (or honey), to sweeten
- pinch salt and pepper , to taste
- Place baby spinach, sliced apples, cranberries, toasted pecans (see NOTES section), red onion slices, and crumble HALF of the goat cheese into a large salad bowl.
- In separate bowl, jar, or container with lid, mix together the vinaigrette ingredients. Shake or whisk until all salad dressing ingredients are fully blended.
- Lightly drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad. Toss salad, to combine.
- Crumble the remaining goat cheese over the top of the salad, and serve!
To toast pecans (walnuts): Place in skillet (a dry skillet) and cook on medium-low for about 5 minutes, stirring/turning often, until nuts are lightly toasted and aromatic. Let nuts cool a minute or two, before adding to salad.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!