Who needs takeout, when you can easily make this delicious Teriyaki Chicken, with chicken breasts baked in an Asian inspired sauce, served on rice? It’s simple and delicious!
Do you enjoy Teriyaki Chicken? I sure do… so I wanted to share an easy and delicious recipe with you today, so you can make your own at home! The taste is OUTSTANDING!
This really is one of my favorite dishes! There’s just something about the Asian teriyaki glaze that pushes all my buttons! I enjoy using this recipe (for the Teriyaki Sauce) to also make Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls. YUM. I think you’ll be surprised at just how easy it is to make!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
Make The Teriyaki Sauce
Here’s what you do: First make up the teriyaki sauce (don’t worry-it’s EASY). The ingredients are cooked until it becomes a thick and amazing sauce.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet until it is hot, but not smoking. Cook the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the hot oil until they are golden brown. Once the bottom side is golden brown, gently turn them over and continue cooking other side, until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Place the browned chicken breasts into an oven-proof baking dish. Pour the thickened teriyaki sauce on top and around the chicken breasts, to fully coat them.
Bake The Teriyaki Chicken
Once they are covered in that yummy teriyaki sauce, the chicken breasts are baked for 15-20 minutes. See how it gets the name teriyaki chicken? Chicken and teriyaki sauce… easy peasy!
To Serve Teriyaki Chicken
Once the teriyaki chicken is fully baked, remove the pan from the oven. Transfer the chicken breasts from the pan onto a cutting board. Slice each chicken breast into thin strips.
Serve the teriyaki chicken slices on top of a bed of rice. Drizzle the chicken with additional sauce, and garnish it with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. That’s it! See how EASY it is to make delicious teriyaki chicken? Well, just wait until you TASTE it, because it’s absolutely delicious!
Hope you’ll give this recipe for teriyaki chicken a try. I think you’re gonna LOVE it! Have a blessed day, and I sincerely hope you will stop by again soon.
Looking For More CHICKEN Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes (including chicken) in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few of these chicken recipes you might be interested in are:
- Honey Garlic Chicken & Veggies
- Rosemary Chicken with Caramelized Onion Wine Sauce
- One Pan Greek Chicken & Orzo
- Grandma’s Southern Style Chicken n’ Dumplings (my most pinned recipe!)
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://www.asweetpeachef.com/entrees/teriyaki-chicken/
Who needs takeout, when you can easily make this delicious Teriyaki Chicken, with chicken breasts baked in a flavorful Asian inspired sauce, served on rice?
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger , finely minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & Black Pepper (just a pinch of each)
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds
- Place soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and apple cider vinegar in a medium sized pan. Heat this mixture on medium-high; stir it frequently.
- In separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Stir until cornstarch has dissolved, then add it to the ingredients in the pan. Stir frequently and cook for 6-7 minutes, until the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make sure your oven is preheated to 425 degrees F.
- Pour Tablespoon of olive oil into a large skillet Heat olive oil on high heat. Season the pieces of chicken with salt and pepper. Put the chicken into hot oil in skillet. Once you put chicken breasts into skillet, don't move them. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes, then turn to cook other side for 3-4 minutes. Chicken should be golden brown in color. Remove and place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the top and all around the chicken pieces.
- Bake chicken at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes (or until no longer pink in middle). Sauce will be bubbly.
- When done, remove chicken from oven. Serve on top of a bed of rice, and garnish each piece with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!.
If you want to cook it all in one pan, make sure to cook the chicken in an oven-proof skillet.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!