Tomato Basil Cheese Appetizers feature Roma tomatoes, fresh basil, and melted mozzarella cheese, resting on top of a garlic/oil infused french baguette slice.
I don’t remember where I got this recipe originally. I have it written down on a well-used 3×5″ index card that I’ve had for years and years. These little bites of goodness are wonderful… thanks to the thin slices of fresh, ripe Roma tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, and “ooey, gooey” slices of melted mozzarella cheese, resting on top of a garlic/oil infused french baguette slice.
The recipe makes 24 individual appetizers, so there are plenty to go around at a dinner party or potluck, etc. Put out a platter of these Italian inspired appetizers, and watch what happens…they’re always a big hit…and you can count on them disappearing quickly!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
Last year I grew my own basil, garlic, and Roma tomatoes in our raised bed/container gardens, which made it very convenient to make this recipe. Just had to run out in the back yard and do some “grocery shopping”. Now if I could just figure out a way to grow my own Mozzarella cheese, I’d be giddy with excitement!
See those oblong Roma tomatoes in the pile? They are one of my favorite tomatoes to grow in my garden, and taste wonderful on tomato basil cheese appetizers!
I sure hope you will give these tasty tomato basil cheese appetizers a try. They really are amazingly good, and don’t take a lot of prep time at all, to make and serve to a hungry crowd!
Hope you enjoy this simple, but tasty appetizer! Have a wonderful day.
Looking For More Simple But Tasty Appetizers?
You can find all of my appetize recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. I have quite a few, including:
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Original recipe source: unknown
↓↓ PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW ↓↓
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped basil (plus additional for garnish, if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- French baguette , cut into 24 1/2" thick slices
- 24 thin slices mozzarella cheese (approx. 6 ounces)
- 4-5 ripe Roma tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, Tablespoon of chopped basil, garlic, and olive oil.
- Place the baguette slices on a large baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of each bread slice with the olive oil/garlic mixture. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Top each slice of bread with 1 slice of tomato, followed by 1 slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle the top of the cheese on each slice with the remaining oil/garlic mixture.
- Place baking sheet back into the oven for a minute or two, until the cheese has begun to melt. Remove from heat.
- Garnish each slice with a small amount of fresh chopped basil, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Original Recipe Source: Unknown.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!