You’ll love this Classic Bruschetta appetizer with tomatoes, basil, Parmesan, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, served on a garlic toasted baguette slice.
Do you enjoy classic Bruschetta appetizers? I sure do. The amazing Italian flavor of garden fresh tomatoes, paired with fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar served on a garlic infused, toasted baguette slice pushes all my buttons… it’s delicious!
Bruschetta basically means “toasted Italian bread with toppings”. Okay… that works for me. Sounds pretty good! Here’s what you need to do to make this classic appetizer!
How To Make Classic Bruschetta Appetizers
To make this classic bruschetta appetizer, first slice a small baguette into thin slices. You can also buy them pre-cut if your grocer sells it that way.
I figure 2 or 3 small slices per person is about right serving-wise. The beauty of this recipe is that you can make as much or as little as you want. Lightly brush each slice with olive oil.
Rub a garlic clove over each slice of baguette. This will add some delicious “extra” flavor to each piece.
Broil The Seasoned Baguette Slices
Place slices of baguette onto a wire rack. Position the rack about 5 inches away from heating element in oven.
Broil baguette slices until golden brown and lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
Prepare The Bruschetta Topping
Combine finely chopped Roma tomatoes, minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
I’m sorry this photo (below) is blurry. Not sure what happened. I included it just so you could get a hint of what the tomato mixture will look like. I am confident yours will look a lot better (some days are like that)!
Classic Bruschetta Is Ready To Serve!
When ready to serve, use a slotted spoon to help drain a little bit of the juices off. Spoon a bit of the tomato mixture onto each toasted baguette slice.
Arrange the classic bruschetta slices on a serving platter. Garnish each slice with thinly sliced fresh basil.
That’s it! It’s an easy and tasty classic bruschetta appetizer to serve because the tomato mixture is made ahead. If you’re pressed for time, you can also toast the baguette slices ahead of time. Then all you have to do is put the bruschetta together at the last minute before serving!
Time To Eat!
The fresh taste of classic bruschetta appetizers will wow your guests. The taste will also wow your mouth, as you devour these bites of Italian goodness!
My photos only reflect HALF of the recipe as written. This recipe for bruschetta makes enough for 5-6 servings (averaging 3 small pieces per person!).
Have a fantastic day! Hope you will give this recipe for classic bruschetta appetizers a try. I really think you will LOVE it! You might also like Sun-Dried Tomato and Kalamata Olive Bruschetta!
Looking For More APPETIZER Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. My other appetizer recipes include:
- Caprese Salad
- Crunchy Onion Rings
- Melon con Proscuitto
- Creamy Deviled Eggs
- Mom’s Famous Cheese Ball
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Adapted From: http://www.food.com/443987
You'll love this Classic Bruschetta appetizer with tomatoes, basil, Parmesan, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, served on garlic toasted baguette slices.
- 1 baguette , cut into thin slices.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil (approx-for brushing on bread slices)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (to rub on bread slices)
- 2 ½ cups minced Roma tomatoes (FINELY chopped)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced approx.-for garnish)
- Place the minced tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine, then let this mixture sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to let the flavors "come together".
- Brush each baguette slice with a small amount of olive oil. Rub a clove of garlic over each piece for added flavor. Place baguette slices on a rack under the broiler (abut 5 inches from heating element), and lightly toast until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- When ready to serve, place tomato mixture onto each slice of toasted baguette. Sprinkle each slice with thinly sliced fresh basil. (To easily slice basil, roll leaves up together into tight cylinder, then slice).
- Serve, and enjoy!
Caloric calculation is approximate, as size of baguette may vary.
If you want additional flavor, you can add thinly sliced fresh basil to the tomato mixture, if desired (about 1/3 cup). I left it out, but added fresh thinly sliced basil to each slice.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!