If you’re looking for a totally easy “chocolate candy” recipe to have around the house to munch on OR give to friends…here ya go!
This is truly one of the easiest recipes ever…really! It only has 3 ingredients, and it makes 4 dozen, so there are plenty to share with friends (we wouldn’t dare eat them all by ourselves, would we????)!
If you can pour and stir…you can make these! It’s THAT easy. I’ve been making them for years, and have always enjoyed how quick to make and delicious they are. The addition of butterscotch chips to the “standard” chocolate covered peanuts takes these to the next level of awesomeness! Hope you will give them a try!
Recipe Source: Unknown
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 - can (12 oz.) salted cocktail peanuts
- Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a double boiler (chips in small pot, which is sitting on top of a pot of boiling water-be careful not to get any water into chocolate or chocolate will seize up).
- When chips have melted, remove from heat and stir in peanuts until coated.
- Drop peanut clusters by rounded spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Let the chocolate peanut butter covering harden before serving.