I found an interesting recipe online for Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies. No butter, no sugar, no flour, no oil. So I decided to give it a try to check it out.
I figured it was about time for me to make something that was low on the old sugar intake, and relatively healthy. These little cookies fit the bill for a nice, “not too sweet”, flavorful bit of goodness!
I like to think of these “completely easy to make” cookies as a tasty breakfast cookie, since they are made from oats, bananas, unsweetened applesauce, cocoa powder and a bit of peanut butter. The recipe made 18 small cookies, and they were pretty tasty!
I hope you will give this recipe a try. They would be a great addition to a child’s lunchbox (especially since they are not packed full of sugar)! Enjoy!
Recipe Source: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/05/skinny-chunky-monkey-cookies-recipe.html
- 3 ripe bananas , mashed
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy, but either will work just fine)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash bananas in medium sized bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mashed bananas. Mix well to combine. Let batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto a ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack when done. Let cool to room temp before serving (they taste better that way!)