You’re gonna love Butter Pecan Crisps! These yummy cookies are easy to make, crisp and delicious, and are always a big hit at dessert or snack time!
Craving a crispy, chewy cookie that’s not too sweet, but absolutely delightful, and is ready in under half an hour? I’ve got one just for you. It’s these “ridiculously easy, make ’em in a cinch, crispy/chewy cookies” called “Butter Pecan Crisps”.
I found the recipe in a used cookbook I bought last summer up in Northern Washington. These cookies are GOOD, so I’m really glad I bought the cookbook! Now these cookies may not look like much, but that’s okay… looks can be deceiving, and they are absolutely delicious! And did I mention EASY? This recipe yields 3 dozen cookies in a flash… I think you will love them!
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
How To Make Butter Pecan Crisps
Making them is so very easy… first you beat together butter and brown sugar, then add an egg and vanilla.
Stir in flour and baking soda to the butter/brown sugar mixture in bowl. Mix these ingredients until combined. Add the chopped, toasted pecans to the batter. Stir the batter until ingredients are fully incorporated.
Shape The Cookies
After dough is fully mixed, roll the dough into 1″ sized balls between your hands.
Put the dough balls onto ungreased baking sheets, making sure they are 2 inches apart (cookies will spread while baking).
Lightly wet the bottom of a drinking glass with water, then dip the bottom of the glass into granulated sugar. Flatten each of the dough balls with the bottom of the glass dipped in sugar. Re-dip the glass in sugar after each cookie.
This is what the butter pecan crisps looked like after being flattened with sugar coated glass cup.
Bake The Butter Pecan Crisps
Once the cookie dough was flattened, into a 375 degree oven they went for 8-10 minutes.
Cook butter pecan crisps for 8-10 minutes (mine took about 9), or until the edges are golden brown. Don’t under-cook these cookies…they are called “Crisps”, remember?
Once the butter pecan crisps are done baking, leave them on cookie sheet for a minute. They will firm up slightly. then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool.
There you have it, “Butter Pecan Crisps”, made in practically no time at all! Sure hope you will these cookies a try! Have a great day!
Looking For Delicious COOKIE Recipes?
Here are a few cookie recipes from this blog. You can find these and all my other recipes in the Recipe Index, which is located at the top of the page.
- Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- Cranberry Orange Cookies
- Holiday Spritz Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Adapted From: The book “Gooseberry Patch – Christmas, Book 4”, published by Gooseberry Patch, copyright 2002, page 110.
You're gonna love Butter Pecan Crisps! These yummy cookies are easy to make, crisp and delicious, and are always a big hit at dessert or snack time!
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 cube), softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans , toasted (toast in dry skillet over med. heat 3-4 minutes. Keep stirred)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar (to use to flatten dough with)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the softened butter and brown sugar until well blended.Stir the vanilla and egg into the butter mixture until combined.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Stir mixture until completely combined.
- Add in the toasted, cooled pecans. Mix well until all ingredients have been incorporated..
- Shape the dough into 1" sized balls, by rolling them between both of your hands.
- Put the dough balls onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart (dough will spread).
- Flatten each dough ball by using the bottom of a drinking glass, dipped in sugar. Repeat for each dough ball.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes (mine took 9). Make sure the edges are crispy and golden brown before removing from oven. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1 minute, then remove them to wire racks, to finish cooling.
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!