Do you enjoy Teriyaki Chicken? I sure do… so I wanted to share an easy and delicious recipe with you today, so you can easily make your own! The taste is OUTSTANDING!
Teriyaki Chicken is one of my favorite dishes! There’s just something about the Teriyaki glaze that pushes all my buttons! I enjoy using this recipe (for the Teriyaki Sauce) to also make my Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls. YUM. I think you’ll be surprised at just how easy it is to make!
Here’s what you do: First make up the teriyaki sauce. The ingredients are cooked until it becomes a thick and amazing sauce…
Chicken breasts are cooked in olive oil until golden brown.
The chicken is placed into a baking dish, then the teriyaki sauce is poured on top and around the chicken.
Once covered in that yummy teriyaki sauce, the chicken breasts are baked for 15-20 minutes.
That’s it! Slice each piece into thin strips. Serve the teriyaki chicken on a bed of rice; drizzle it with additional sauce, then garnish it with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. See how EASY that was? Well, just wait until you TASTE it. Delicious!
Hope you’ll give this recipe a try. I think you’re gonna LOVE it! Have a blessed day.
Recipe Source: http://www.asweetpeachef.com/entrees/teriyaki-chicken/
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & Black Pepper (just a pinch of each)
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds
- Place soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and apple cider vinegar in a medium sized pan. Heat this mixture on medium-high; stir it frequently.
- In separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Stir until cornstarch has dissolved, then add it to the ingredients in the pan. Stir frequently and cook for 6-7 minutes, until the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make sure your oven is preheated to 425 degrees F.
- Pour Tablespoon of olive oil into a large skillet Heat olive oil on high heat. Season the pieces of chicken with salt and pepper. Put the chicken into hot oil in skillet. Once you put chicken breasts into skillet, don't move them. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes, then turn to cook other side for 3-4 minutes. Chicken should be golden brown in color. Remove and place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the top and all around the chicken pieces.
- Bake chicken at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes (or until no longer pink in middle). Sauce will be bubbly.
- When done, remove chicken from oven. Serve on top of a bed of rice, and garnish each piece with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!.