If you like the combination of sweet/salty/crunchy combined with a bit of tangy, then this Crostini With Figs, Gorgonzola, Honey And Walnuts appetizer is for YOU! The original recipe was created by Food Network celebrity Giada De Laurentiis, and I think it is pretty tasty.
I served this appetizer when we had dinner guests this past summer. Toasted baguette slices are topped with creamy gorgonzola cheese and toasted walnuts, then baked and garnished with a fresh ripe fig slice and a drizzle of honey!
We noshed on these yummy (and EASY) appetizers, while basking in the all-too rare Pacific Northwest sunshine out on our deck.
Prepare The Baguette Slices
The only item that took any time at all to prepare was baking the baguette slices before assembling. I did this by arranging the baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Using a pastry brush, I lightly basted the baguette slices with the olive oil. Place slices in oven, and bake till baguette slices are a golden color, about 8 minutes.
Bake The Crostini
Once the bread was toasted and crisp, I mixed together the cheese and toasted walnuts, then spread it on the crisp baguette slices, baked them for a few minutes.
Serve Crostini With Figs
Once baked, I topped each piece with a thin slice of fig, then drizzled each crostini with honey, and served!
These crostini with figs were a welcome departure from my “normal” go-to appetizers. I would definitely make them again. I sure hope you will give them a try! Have a great day.
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://www.oprah.com/food/Crostini-with-Gorgonzola-Honey-and-Walnuts
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 small, long baguette
- 6 ounces creamy gorgonzola cheese , coarsely crumbled
- 2/3 cup walnuts , toasted, coarsely chopped
- 4 ripe figs , thinly sliced, crosswise (optional)
- 3 TBSP honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Using a pastry brush, lightly baste the baguette slices with the olive oil. Place slices in oven, and bake till baguette slices are a golden color, about 8 minutes. (You can also toast the slices a day ahead. Cool, then store them at room temperature in a covered container.)
- Toss the gorgonzola, along with the toasted walnuts (that have cooled to room temperature) in a small bowl. Spoon the cheese mixture onto the prepared baguette slices and press slightly to adhere.Return baguette slices to baking sheet. Bake in oven until the cheese melts (about 6-8 minutes).
- Arrange the warm crostini on a platter. Top each slice with a thin slice of fig. Drizzle with the honey and serve warm. Enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!