Vegetarian or not, you’ll enjoy these spicy noodles in peanut sauce! Pasta with water chestnuts, peanuts, cilantro and carrots in a creamy Thai sauce!
The recipe I am posting today is for Vegetarian Spicy Noodles In Peanut Sauce. The recipe is yummy, and is SO EASY to make! The plus side is that it is a vegetarian entree, for my friends and family who choose to not eat meat. However, it’s fabulous and filling for meat lovers, also!
A couple of years ago, our youngest son (a big steak and burger loving guy), decided to become a vegetarian. We were surprised, but respect his right as a grown man to eat or not eat whatever he chooses.
I’ve had to adjust my menus when he comes over for a meal, but that’s really no big deal for the most part. Well, THIS recipe for spicy noodles in peanut sauce is one he would LOVE!!!
Spicy Noodles In Peanut Sauce Are EASY To Make!
The Thai-inspired peanut sauce is easy to make, full of flavor and coats the noodles well. This dish is on the table in a flash (20 minutes), and is a cinch to make. The recipe uses angel hair pasta for quick cooking noodles, AND will delight your taste buds, even if you are not a vegetarian.
Trust me… this recipe for spicy noodles in peanut sauce is GOOD! Hope you’ll give it a try, and I bet you will be surprised just how very easy it is to make.
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Sauce recipe source:
Vegetarian or not, you'll enjoy these spicy noodles in peanut sauce! Pasta with water chestnuts, peanuts, cilantro and carrots in a creamy Thai sauce!
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tsp. chili paste (also may substitute 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 limes , juiced
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 clove of garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ lb. spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 large carrot , julienned (matchstick cut)
- 1 small can water chestnuts , drained
- Handful of roasted peanuts , chopped for garnish
- ½ bunch of cilantro , chopped (stems discarded) Save small amount for garnish on top of dish.
- Make the sauce: Put all sauce ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk or mix until fully combined. Cover and store in the refrigerator until needed (can be made ahead).
- Blanch the sliced (matchstick) carrots in boiling water for approximately 3 minutes, pulling them out and draining while they are still bright and crisp.
- Cook pasta noodles per package directions. Place drained, hot pasta in a large bowl with the carrots, water chestnuts and cilantro (save a bit of cilantro for garnish!).
Pour the peanut sauce over the cooked pasta and toss well, to coat. To serve: Top pasta with additional cilantro and the chopped peanuts. Serve hot, and enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!