These “Sprinkle Bars” are so easy, it’s ridiculous! And talk about yummy…oh my goodness! Our family tradition is to always have these around during the holidays to make us fatter munch on, and to give to friends and neighbors.
This recipe was passed down to me from my Mom (the keeper of all things sacred, such as this recipe). Where she got it is anyone’s guess. After getting the recipe from her, I’ve been making them for over 35 years and guarantee they will not disappoint you!
The combination of flavors (HELLO chocolate and coconut!) make this a very rich and delicious bar cookie. They can be made (start to finish) in about 30 minutes, so as you can tell, they are very dangerous. Be very scared.
Sometimes I put on pounds just looking at them. I’m including a photo of the last batch I made, but I’m warning you…don’t look too long at the photo…get in your kitchen and make some…stat!
Look how cute they are using red and green chocolate chips (great find at the grocery store!!!)
Hope you will give these scrumptious dessert bars a try… you’re gonna LOVE ’em!
Recipe Source: My Mom
- 1 cube butter
- 1½ cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⅓ cups flaked coconut
- 1 can condensed milk (make sure it is condensed milk, NOT evaporated milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in a 9x13 pan; place pan in the oven while the oven preheats.
- Remove pan from oven once butter has melted and stir in, then pat down graham cracker crumbs, forming a bottom "crust".
- Sprinkle nuts over the top of the crumbs.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate chips over the nuts.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the chocolate chips (see why we call them "sprinkle" bars?)
- Drizzle the entire can of condensed milk over the top (it will not completely cover the ingredients, but just make sure you cover as much of the pan of ingredients as possible by drizzling it...a spoon works well to do this).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown on top. Enjoy!