Sometimes my husband and I don’t want a big breakfast. We simply want a cold, fruit and veggie smoothie, with lots of healthy fruits and veggies in it, like blueberries, bananas and kale! That’s how we both felt a couple mornings ago. We had gone out to eat the evening before and were still feeling rather full. We wanted something light and healthy for our breakfast.
After putting on our thinking caps (they’re really quite lovely!), we decided to make a healthy smoothie for each of us, full of fruits and veggies. What a great way to start our day…(drinking) something good for us, like this blueberry banana kale smoothie!
I went on a pillaging mission in our kitchen. The first thing I did was grab a couple frozen bananas (which I keep year round in our freezer), some frozen blueberries (leftover from my blueberry picking spree last summer), and a few strawberries.
Then I decided we needed something of the veggie variety to throw into the old blender to increase the healthy aspect of our smoothies. You can translate that to mean – I wondered how to “sneak” in a veggie before my husband knew what hit him.
Out into our back yard I went, and picked a handful of kale leaves from our garden (convenient, huh?). I carried the kale back into the house and had it blended the blueberry banana KALE smoothie before my husband had a chance to see it and opt out. Pretty sneaky, right?
Okay – So How Do You Make A Blueberry Banana Kale Smoothie?
The blueberry banana kale smoothie is cold, creamy, bursting with flavor AND it’s good for you! You don’t have to confess to anyone that there’s kale in there! Shhh… let’s just keep this our little secret, ok?
I hope you will consider giving this fruit (and veggie) smoothie “recipe” a try. I think you’ll like it! I’ve already made these smoothies two times this week…Yum!
Looking For More SMOOTHIE Recipes?
You can find all my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. You might enjoy a few of our favorite smoothie recipes which include:
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Orange Julius (copycat)
- Triple Berry Banana Smoothie
- Raspberry Yogurt Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla almond milk (I've also substituted orange juice for this...quite good!)
- 2 frozen ripe bananas , (if bananas frozen, you won't need ice. If room temp, add some crushed ice)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup kale , chopped (and large stems removed)
- 6 strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon flax seed (this is great fiber...helps fill you up...but is optional)
- Place the almond milk, bananas, and blueberries in the blender. (If the bananas are not frozen, add a small handful of crushed ice to the mixer).
- Blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend well. If it is too thick, add a bit more almond milk...you really can't hurt these smoothies! Serve and ENJOY!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!