Have extra zucchini? Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a delicious chocolate loaf with a secret ingredient your kids will never know is in there…zucchini!
I recently found this very easy recipe for Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread on Pinterest. I made a couple loaves, and my husband and I loved it! Two forms of chocolate are used… cocoa powder and chocolate chips!
I really enjoy growing my own vegetables in raised beds in our backyard. This past summer, my zucchini plants decided to become “over-achievers”. I had zucchini coming out of my ears (nice problem, huh?).
This prolific garden abundance (even after giving plenty to my family and neighbors), forced me to search for new creative ways to prepare it.
I’ve made Curried Zucchini Soup, and Italian Stuffed Zucchini already. We love “regular” zucchini bread, but this CHOCOLATE zucchini bread? Get outta here… so GOOD!
This delicious bread was a perfect solution. The recipe is completely EASY to prepare, and the results were wonderful! Looks like I found a new way to utilize some of our home-grown zucchini!
I think the “hardest” part, if you can call it “hard” was grating the zucchini, since I made a couple loaves! That’s a LOT of grated zucchini from the garden being used to make loaves of this wonderful chocolate zucchini bread!…
This sweet bread is decadently rich and chocolaty, and you’d never know it has zucchini in it (perfect for hiding veggies), for those little ones with picky palates!
I hope you will give it a try… it’s easy to prepare… and really quite delicious!
Looking For More Sweet Bread Loaf Recipes?
You can find all of my recipes in the Recipe Index, located at the top of the page. A few other family favorites include:
- Starbucks Gingerbread (copycat recipe)
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf
- Carrot Zucchini Bread
- Vanilla Glazed Pear Bread
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://www.whatmegansmaking.com/2013/07/double-chocolate-zucchini-bread.html
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded , unpeeled zucchini (gently pressed between paper towels to remove some moisture)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, honey, oil, sugar and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and flour.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture, and stir well until combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes (oven temps vary), or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove pan from oven; transfer pan to a wire rack. Let cool for approx. 10-15 minutes before turning the bread out of the pan onto the rack. Cool bread completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!